S I X T E E N

You roll in your bed; your eyes glued on the ceiling. You could barely sleep last night. Your phone had buzzed for the 10th time this morning but you avoided even checking it. You sighed loudly and stretched, rolling out of your bed as you couldn't stand your growling stomach. You head to your kitchen, you open the fridge and grab the jug of milk inside. You'd rather eat cereal than cook breakfast. You grab a small bowl and get ready to pour your favorite cereal when you're interrupted by a knock at the door. You put the box down on the counter and sigh before walking over to the door and unlock it. You pull it open to see Connor,
"Oh...hey, Connor." You turned around and went back to the kitchen

He shut the door behind him and followed you,
"Are you okay, Y/n? You didn't call to let me know you made it home safely. I was worried all night, I would've come sooner but I was busy with work. "

"Sorry, Connor. I'm..fine, could be better." you sigh

"Y/n. Did you get any rest last night?" he gets close and grabs your jaw to guide your head to look at him, "You don't look well.."

You look into his eyes and weakly smile to yourself at how worried he seems, "I couldn't sleep."

"Was it because..." he doesn't say but you know what he's implying

"Yeah...and other stuff."

"I can talk about them with you if you need and want to, but right now I think you should rest."

"I just said I couldn't, Connor. It's pretty hard to."

"I can stay here if that'd make you more comfortable, if you're having nightmares."

You wanted to refuse but you still felt tired so you agreed, "Fine. I'll try."

You turned away from him and headed back to your room; Connor following close behind. You crawled into bed and pulled the covers on top of you, you let out a shaky breath and looked up at the concerned Connor who stood above your bed. You had to admit, you were exhausted but you were also still jittery and felt this bad feeling deep down. You took a breath and let your eyelids fall, quickly opening them when you felt the bed sink at your feet. You looked down at Connor who was now sitting near your feet.

"You're just gonna sit there?"

"Yes. Unless that's a problem, I just want to be here just in case you need me." he gently smiles at you

"You can stay.." you mumble and gently smile back, him watching over you made you feel more comfortable. You finally closed your eyes and tried to let yourself sink into the bed as your fatigue took over.
°
°
°
You soon awoke feeling slightly rested, you were a bit surprised at Connor who you forgot was sitting on your bed. You weakly smiled and furrowed your eyebrows as you noticed his eyes were closed.

"Connor?"

His eyes opened and he turned his.jead to you, "Yes?"

"What are you doing?" you sat up from the bed

"Well I didn't want to be...awkward and watch you sleep, plus I had some files to go through."

"I see. Did...my phone ring?"

"No, are you expecting a call, Y/n?"

"Well," you got out of bed and sat beside him, "I've been expecting my..friend to call me. I miss her." you sighed

"Do you miss where you were before you came here?"

"Yea. I'm a bit homesick."

"Do...you regret coming here?" his LED flashed yellow

"No! No of course not! I'm glad I have you and Hank...it's just I feel like I've been putting off the inevitable; something I knew would happen but i was just too in denial."

"Oh? What's that?"

"For a long time I've noticed that me and her have been drifting apart...I've always felt like I needed her more than she needed me. I mean," you felt your eyes become hot and your vision was blurry, "She has everything I've ever wanted. She doesn't really need me." You looked off in the opposite direction and you felt embarrassed as you clasped your hands over your face and broke down. You knew for a fact that Connor was able to feel some sort of emotion but you wondered if he felt pity for you in this state or if he just saw you as a pathetic,weak human. A helpless nobody, because if he saw you that way...you don't think he'd be wrong. You choked out sobs that grew louder as you overthinked more and more. The room was only filled with those gross sobs and nothing else and you peeked at Connor to see if you could read his expression and he just seemed unsure what to do but something was truly apparent in his face. This look like he felt so sorry that he didn't know how to deal with this, sympathy, maybe even a bit of guilt. You saw his LED blinked a yellow before you peered back in the other direction. You felt a cold hand find it's way to your thigh.

"Y/n...if..she doesn't see the need in being around you anymore, I feel that's her loss. Sorry if it's not in my place but I think that'd be very...foolish of her."

You tried to calm yourself so you could speak, your breath shaky, "D-do you mean that?" your voice was broken amd your breathing stuttered like a little kid that had just sobbed it's lungs out. You took your hands off your face to wipe it

"Absolutely. I'd never say anything I didn't mean to you. Y/n, if she leaves you then I know that you'll be okay. Do you know why I know that?"

"Because you can predict things?" you take into the fact he's an android and can run through millions of probabilities

he quietly chuckles, "No, Y/n. I mean because...I'll be here for you." he grabs your wrist gently

"What?" you look up at him;your face still wet.

he rubs his thumb across the friendship bracelet he made for you,
"This bracelet is supposed to symbolize friendship. A good friend is supposed to be there for the other and vice versa, and that's what I intend to do...no matter what." he smiles

"Connor..." you're not exactly sure what to say but it was such a relief to hear it from someone. It was a relief to be able to trust and have someone. You weakly smile and wrapped your arms around his neck tightly. You feel his arms slowly and hesitantly wrap around you too. You feel warm and fuzzy in his embrace.