E L E V EN

You jolted awake; in the middle of popping your head off the pillow your eyes met Connor's and you laid back down. He stayed the night once again. He wanted to be sure you were fine after the events. You let out heavy breaths as you tried to pull yourself back into reality,

"Are you alright?" he quietly asked

"Yes..i was just...i had a bad dream." you calmed down enough to speak

"I'm sorry. Is there anything I could do to help you feel better?"

You thought on it before stuttering out "Can you..scoot closer..?"

"Of course..." he does as you say

"Now...um," you felt embarrassed at having to ask, "Can you put your arms around me..?"

he does as you say and you slip your arms between his and his torso; your cheek lays against his chest, 
"Is..this fine?" he sounds a little timid

"Yes," you feel this stinging, floaty feeling in your chest as you feel your nerves calm, "Uh...you don't have to you know?"

"What do you mean?" he sounds confused 

"I'm just not sure if you're following instructions or not..." 

"No. I'm not...sorry if its hard to tell. I'm not here because I was instructed to do so or because its in my system to check in on my partner and do whatever I can to make sure they're able to carry out their investigations. I'm here because I...want to be."

"Why?" you mumble

"I....there's something inside me, something I can feel. I...care for you."

"I see," you softly smile, "You're so sweet, Connor."

"I am?" he clears his throat, "Thankyou...I just do what feels...right to me."

"We should probably get up...what time is it?"

"11pm."

You quickly untangle yourself from him, "I don't have work today but don't you?!" you get out of bed and look around your room for something to throw on so you can get Connor to work

He sits up calmly, "No. I took the day off."

You slow your panicked pace, "Really? Why? What about Hank?"

"Well... Hank understands that things have been kind of hard on you recently. He supported the decision of me taking time off to help you out and be there for you. You've barely been with the department for a month and you've already dealt with a lot."

"You took off for me?" 

"Like I said ,'I care for you'. Also I'm not so sure that you have any one around for emotional support. I can be that person, you know that right?"

"Wow, Connor, way to tell me I have no friends.." you slightly smile as you go to look for clothes to wear for the day

"What? Oh! No! That's not in any way what I meant (Y/N). I'm so sorry." he quickly apologized

"I know, Connor," you giggle, "I'm only joking. What should we do today?"

"I can prepare breakfast for you and then maybe a stroll in the park?"

"That totally works but...I sort of," you nervously smiled, "Missed grocery day."

"That's quite alright. There's a nice convenience store not far from here that sells what I'll need. I'll make a run, is there anything else you'll need"

"Not at the moment. Hold on I'll get you the money."

"No, don't. It's on me, really."

"Are you...sure?" you turn to look at him

"Certain." he pushes himself off the bed 

"Wow, thank you so much Connor." you smile

"No problem. I'll be right back." he softly smiles back at you before leaving the room. You make sure you hear the front door close before you go into the bathroom , you run the shower water before you begin to strip. Dropping your clothes into the hamper in the bathroom before getting in. You get through your whole morning routine and before you get dressed you hear the front door open and close.

"Welcome back!" you yell out to Connor from your room 

"Thankyou." you can hear something like joy in his voice and it makes you smile to yourself 

You pull on your clothes and fix your hair before leaving the room and going into the kitchen. Your stomach basically barks for food. You go to the counter to put up groceries he's brought back that he's not using. You furrow your eyebrows in confusion at what he's bought.

"What's up with the oats? Are you making oatmeal too?"

"Well, actually, I was thinking we could feed the ducks and geese at the park."

"Ohh I see," you smile, "Good idea." you pour yourself a glass of juice before going to sit at the little round table. It isn't long before Connor presents a hot breakfast to you. You happily gobble down the meal before you're ready to leave.
You and Connor take a taxi to the closest park with a pond. It's a beautiful day despite how chilly it is. You throw out a handful of oats at the oversized birds that basically mug you. They can be pretty threatening, you laugh as some of them aggressively honk at you and Connor. It's hilarious how fast Connor coughs up the oats out of fear that they'll attack; you don't blame him though it's pretty clear that they wouldn't hesitate to jump him like the ruthless birds they are.

"They're so aggressive!" Connor throws out as many oats as he can fit in his palm

"You're not feeding them fast enough!" you laugh

"I'm trying my best!" he smiles...it's different though. A big, sincere grin. Not that his other smiles weren't sincere this one was just...happier and real. It was a sight that made the beating organ in your chest quicken it's pace. You nervously smiled back; swallowing the lump in your throat before hesitantly speaking again.

"H-Here. Hand it over." you took the tin of oats off his hands 

"What are you gonna--"

You chucked the tin of oats at the plenty of birds that swarmed the two of you; like someone throwing a bucket of water at a fire. Of course that only made the creatures more chaotic as they begin to fight over it and before they could hassle you for more you yelled out for Connor to run and you two made a break for it. You laughed hard as Connor's smile just grew more and more apparent.

"Now we gotta go to the mall to get you new clothes!" you yelled as the two of you slowed down once you made distance

"What? Why?" he stopped in his tracks; confused 

"So you won't stand out so much...plus wearing a suit all the time doesn't seem very...convenient." you smiled

he nodded, "If you say so."