Homicide?

Words - 2795

Next update - June 10 -  June 11

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

I woke up, sitting up gently. I felt somewhat annoyed that I had fallen asleep in last nights clothes. I noticed my shoes and socks were off which made me a little better. I got up and made my bed, making sure to do it the way I liked. This had nothing to do with my OCD it was just a nice way to start the day. In my head, if I didn't start by making something look nice, then whats to say that my day would be nice? That's how my parents used to know if I was upset or if I didn't get enough sleep. Or if anything was wrong in general. I stretched my hands in the air then proceeded to take off my jacket. I tossed it on the ground and walked out of my room. I saw my keys on my kitchen table, walking over to them and putting them in my pocket. I felt my stomach rumbled as my body realized I was near where all my food was. I was kinda in a lazy mood and really didn't want to make anything so I just reached for the cereal on the top of the fridge and grabbed the milk. It didn't take long for me to finish eating, clean my bowl and spoon before putting everything away again. My kitchen looked the same as when I had first seen it a few minutes ago so I assumed it was time to start getting ready for work.

I walked back to my room and took my keys out of my pocket. I honestly didn't know why I put them there when I knew I had to change. I put on a new pair of black skinny jeans, even though I had worn these for only about three hours, I still felt like I needed to change them. I put on a new pair of socks and grabbed a burgundy sweater and slipped everything on. I knew it was going to be cold so I grabbed my dark denim jacket and put it on again. Folding the sleeves so my sweater sleeves would show. I leaned down and grabbed my gun and badge again. Thank god I grabbed them before I left the case last night. I would have gotten chewed out for it. I grabbed my keys, my wallet, and my phone before finally leaving my house. This time making sure I turned off the lights. 

The drive to work was short and I knew I was going to be early so I decided to go get some coffee. I never thought that Starbucks would still be this famous but there it was. The same as it always has been. I parked my car and walked in making my way to the line. It wasn't that long which was surprising since it's like, everyone's favorite place to get coffee before work. It was soon my turn. The android smiled at me gently, which I returned. "Hello miss. What may I get for you today?" I smiled and started pulling out my wallet while continuing to speak. "Can I get a white chocolate iced mocha with whipped cream please." I got my wallet and pulled out a 20. "What size would you like?" I gently hit my head. "Grande sorry." She shook her head. "It's quite alright. That will be $4.68" I was kinda upset that I had to break my 20 and have a bunch of change. "Could I just have the bills back please? I really don't want the change." She nodded and moved the change I had into a Charity box, making me smile. I did something good today. Another android walked over and handed me my drink. I smiled at him giving out a soft thank you, before getting my bills and leaving. I arrived at work 4 minutes early and went straight to my desk. Writing a report about the events that occurred last night. It was a pretty boring day. Nothing had happened throughout the day. I mean stuff did happen but I wasn't assigned to any cases. I glance at the desk across from me. Hank still wasn't here. Probably still at a bar. While I was looking at his desk I saw something, or really someone, past the desk. It was Connor.

I hadn't seen him in so long. It had been a few months since the hostage case. We had worked on a few cases here and there but nothing much really. I was honestly really happy to see him. I got up and walked over to him. I bet he had another case. He must have heard my footsteps because he turned around and began walking towards me. "Hi Connor. What are you doing here?" He looked at me for a moment before beginning to speak. "I was assigned to work with you again, along with a Lieutenant Anderson. Do you know where we could find him?" I felt kinda happy. I felt like Connor and I had become friends since we had worked on more cases together. He still didn't know much about me though. I smiled at him. "I know he's at a bar but I don't know exactly which one. We could split up and look for him." Connor nodded and proceeded to walk away. I caught up to him but we went our separate way seconds after we left the building. I was at my second bar when I felt my phone buzz in my back pocket. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw a picture of Hank with his dog Sumo. I answered and brought the phone to my ear.