Interrogation and Confrontation

Words - 3296

Next Update - June 12

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

It took us a few minutes to get the Deviant out of the attic and then we were on our way. When we got back to the station Hank decided to interrogate it. Nothing was working and it was making him get really upset. I knew why it wasn't working though. 1. The android was traumatized and 2. it wouldn't trust humans after what happened with its owners. It was common sense really but no one really listened to me when I said so. Hank came back to us, behind the two-way mirror. "I told you, Hank" He flipped me off and sat down. "We're wasting our time interrogating a machine, we're getting nothing out of it!" He crossed his arms. I rolled my eyes as Gavin began to speak. He was the only person I could talk shit on besides Hank, but I only talked shit to Hank as a joke. Even if it was meant in an aggressive way, we always forgave each other. Gavin was leaning against the wall like some badass or something but in all honesty, I just felt like it looked kinda douchy. Like he was trying to play the part of detective even though he already was one. "We could always try roughing it up a little. After all, it's not human." I rolled my eyes even farther back into my head. I looked at him slowly. "Does everything always have to end in violence with you?" He stood off the wall. "Sorry, princess." He replied mockingly. I felt my heart pound out of my chest. I stood up quickly. "Call me princess again and someone's gonna have to arrest me for shooting you!" Hank stood up right in front of me. "Whats your problem Charlotte? Calm down, he's just trying to wind you up." Hank put his hands on my shoulder but I just moved away. "Fuck you! and fuck this!" I pushed Hank away and walked out of the room.

I knew no one understood why that fucked with me so bad. Why that caused a panic attack. I went to my locker and put on some shorts and a tank top. I quickly walked out and stormed to the gym downstairs. (I added one XD) I wrapped my hands and started punching a punching bag. It didn't seem like anything was working. My heart was pounding more and more and I couldn't make the shitty thoughts go away. My breathing was starting to get rapid and I felt like I was going to hyperventilate if I didn't make it all go away soon. I didn't know how long I was there but I stopped what I was doing when I heard Connor. "Are you alright Charlotte." I punched again. "Yup" I knew he didn't believe me. It wouldn't have made sense at all if he did. I remembered him talking about the scanner. I couldn't assume, but I felt like this was a situation where he would scan me. I was right. "Charlotte if you don't calm down you will have a panic attack." I punched again and again and again until I finally felt all air leave my lungs. I put one hand on my throat and fell to my knees while putting my head on them. I felt Connor's hand on my back. "You need to calm down. Just breath slowly." I couldn't focus on anything. I was scared. He moved me to face him and meet his eyes. His hands were cupping my face. "Breath the same way I am" I did as I was told. His chocolate brown eyes seemed to calm me and after I was calmed down enough I frowned. I felt tears well in my eyes and I just couldn't handle it anymore. I threw myself onto him and wrapped my arms around his torso. I sobbed into his shoulder.

He hesitated before wrapping his arms around me. "I hate this so much." I sobbed into his chest. He awkwardly rubbed my back. I knew he had no idea what to do in a situation like this. It made me laugh gently though it didn't last long. "Do you want to talk about whats causing you trouble?" I stayed silent for a moment but I knew I wasn't ready to tell anyone yet. I shook my head. I felt him hum in response. I moved to have my ear against his chest. It was something I did when people hugged me because I liked hearing their heartbeat. I knew his wasn't real but it sounded like it. It calmed me down as I let out a shaky breath. We stayed like that for a few more minutes until I finally pulled away. I looked at him and smiled. I rubbed away my tears with my hand. "Thank you, Connor." He gave me a tiny smile which I had never seen before. I moved away causing him to stand up. He put his hand out to me and I gladly took it. I didn't expect him to pull me into another hug though. "Humans show that they care by hugging" I smiled into his shoulder. The hug was quick but sweet. He moved away and adjusted his tie. What an asshole, only cares about his outfit! I laughed. We walked back upstairs. "I'm gonna go change then head home. I'll see you later." I waved at him and walked away. I quickly changed because I really wanted to get home and shower. I know I barely did anything but it was raining and I just had a little workout. I didn't feel clean at all. When I walked outside of the station I was Connor. He was waiting for someone. He walked over when he saw me.