Rooftop

Words - 3362

Next Update - June 1 

****Trigger Warning****

Decided to update a few minutes early because I'm tired and can't stay up any longer. I hope you enjoy it :)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Charlotte POV - 

We were heading down the elevator when I noticed Connor's eyes were closed. I waved my hand gently in front of his face but he didn't seem to notice. I gave him a little poke when the elevator opened and Hank walked out, yelling his name. "Hey, Connor?" Connor's eyes gently fluttered open. "You run outta batteries or something?" I giggled and rolled my eyes. "I'm sorry, I was making a report to CyberLife." Hank looked confused for a moment. "Uh... Well, do you plan on staying in the elevator?" Connor shook his head. I walked out slowly. "No. I'm coming." Hank walked ahead while I waited for Connor to follow. "What do we know about this guy?" I heard Hank say in front of me. "Not much. Just that a neighbor reported that he heard strange noises coming from this floor. Nobody is supposed to be living here, but the neighbor said he saw a man hiding a LED under his cap." I rolled my eyes and walked ahead to Hank. "It could be nothing but I guess we have to check it out..." Hank nodded. Connor gently knocked on the door before looking at us. Hank shrugged his shoulders slightly. Connor proceeded to knock a little harder this time. "Anybody home?" This was starting to get annoying. "We have cookies!" Connor hit me gently. "Open up! Detroit Police!" We heard movement inside the place. Hank took a step back. "Stay behind me." Connor and I both moved behind him. "Got it," Connor said and Hank pulled out his gun. I did the same, holding it close to my chest. Hank then took a huge step forward and sent his leg flying into the door, causing it to open. He took a few steps inside before Connor made his way inside. I quickly grabbed his arm, getting his attention. "I'm gonna wait out here." He shook his head. "It's not safe for you to be alone." It was my turn to disagree. "Remember last time we were chasing a deviant? It tried to run away. I could try stopping it since this is its only exit." He took a moment to think about it before sighing.

"Don't do anything stupid" I nodded and gently pushed him back inside the building. I heard a bunch of birds and some of Hank's sighs of annoyance. The truth was that I honestly wanted some time alone. I wasn't lying when I said I would try to stop anybody who tried to leave but I also wanted to just think about how the last few days of my life has been going. It had been such a rollercoaster of emotions and it was starting to get annoying how much I wanted to quit my job and just never leave my house. I really honestly wanted to lay in bed for as long as I physically could but I had a job. I had this huge case right in front of me and I wanted to make sure I did as I was told. I stopped when I heard a loud noise coming from inside. I stood in front of the door. "Guys are is everything-" I cut myself off when I saw a man running towards me. I pulled out my gun and shot it in the shoulder. He saw me and shoved me against the wall. I caught my heel on something and felt my ankle begin to rush with pain. Connor ran out, looked at me but continued to follow the deviant. I got back up and followed behind Connor, jumping over whatever he did. I followed him to a field and ran through. I saw Connor go right but I saw the deviant jump up and run left. I decided to find a shortcut. I stopped following Connor and found my own way. I had somehow found a quick enough route to be on a building and was now standing with the deviant. It glanced at me before rushing me. I threw my gun up and tried to aim for its legs, knowing that we needed it alive. My ankle was still in so much pain but I wasn't going to back down. He tried to push me off the building but I held on to him. I saw Connor and felt relieved but knew I shouldn't have gotten distracted. The deviant pushed me off the building and I fell head first until I felt someone grab my bad ankle. I was looking straight down, seeing how if I had fallen I could have died. I looked up and saw Hank trying with everything he had not to drop me.