Why didn't I...

Words - 3084

Next Update - July 1

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Connor's POV ~

I helped Charlotte up. She seemed to be in pain and I wanted to do everything in my power to help her. She looked confused and distraught as we left the Eden Club. Hank was in the car. They both had the same look of confusion on there faces. I didn't know who I should ask first. I cared for both of them so much. "Connor I have to do something. Do you mind if I do it solo?" I looked down at her. It was becoming easier to understand humans the more I interacted with them. But even then I still had no idea what she meant by that. I waited a moment before realizing and nodded my head. I didn't bother saying anything as I walked to Hank, who was in his car. It seemed she wanted to be alone so I didn't want to bug her by asking her a million questions about what she was doing. I got in the passenger side with Hank. I glanced over and saw her shaking from the cold, holding her arms around herself trying to keep as much warmth as possible. I probably should have given her my jacket since she gave most of her clothes to the androids. Hank looked at me for a moment. "Where is Charlotte going?" He was looking in his rearview mirror now. "She said she had to do something on her own. It's alright. I've installed a tracker on her phone if she isn't home soon." Hank and sighed and started the car. We drove for a while until he parked. He got out of the car and asked me to give him a few minutes alone. I nodded. I saw him go to the back of his trunk and take out alcohol and then go to a bench in front of the water. I waited and waited until I thought It was finally time to see what was troubling him.

I got out of the car. He had left it on for me and left his music blasting the entire time. I made my way over and saw he was stilling drinking. I began to look at where we were. We could see the city illuminating the night sky. "Nice view, huh?... I used to come here a lot before..." He took a swig of his drink. "Can I ask you a personal question, Lieutenant?" He looked up at me as I crossed my arms. The snow was falling down on us, covering parts of our clothes. I knew Charlotte was freezing right now. "Do all androids ask so many personal questions or is it just you?" He didn't seem as annoyed. Usually, he just swears at me or completely ignores me. I could tell I was about to make him very angry but I was still intrigued by what I saw in his home. "I saw a photo of a child on your kitchen table. It was your son, right?" He refused to look at me now. Maybe I shouldn't have asked. I saw his grip on the bottle tighten. "Yeah... His name was Cole." I uncrossed my arms. "You should stop drinking, Lieutenant. It could have serious consequences for your health" He scuffed. "That's the idea." Another chug. I walked closer to the railing. I was now standing ahead of him instead of next to him. My footprints left in the snow, the crunch under my feet. It was somewhat calming. "We're not making any progress on this investigation... The deviants have nothing in common." I crossed my arms again. "They're all different models, produced at different times, in different places..." I glanced back at Hank. 

"Well, there must be some link" I turned away again running through all the information I had gathered throughout this investigation. "What they have in common is this obsession with rA9. It's almost like some kind of... myth. Something they invented that wasn't part of their original program" I had to keep looking back at Hank. I wanted him to think that we were having a conversation. I knew he was always uncomfortable around me, I wanted to change that. "Androids believing in God..." I looked at him somewhat shooked. "Fuck, what's this world coming to?" He just wouldn't stop drinking. It seemed he didn't care much about our discussion. He should since it's about our case. "You seem preoccupied, Lieutenant..." I took a few steps towards him, my arms falling to my sides. More snow covering us both. "It is something to do with what happened back at the Eden Club?" He finally met my gaze. "Those two girls... They just wanted to be together... They really seemed in love..." What was he saying? I shook my head.