Family

Words - 3242

Next update -  June 18

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

Charlotte's POV ~

Connor and Hank had stayed with me for a few days. I could put some pressure on my ankle. I smelt something in the kitchen. It smelt sweet and felt warm. I sat up gently and didn't see Connor. He's been staying with me every day and didn't trust to leave me alone. I knew he was scared and I didn't blame him. I stretched out my arms and placed both feet on the ground. I got up slowly, making sure I didn't upset my sprain. Hank had brought me some crutches. I picked them up from leaning on the ground. I got up which took a minute because I'm still not used to them. I slowly made my way out of my room. I saw Connor making food, in normal clothes, and was wearing my apron. It was pink with hearts. It would have been if he wore the one that said 'kiss the cook'. I glanced in the living room and saw Hank passed out around bottles of beer. I sighed in annoyance. I can't believe he would get drunk in my house like that. I walked back over to Connor to see what he was making. He was wearing a black long sleeve and dark blue jeans. I couldn't believe he decided to dress like that. I somehow convinced him that his normal android clothes were for work only. So when he wasn't working he'd be in normal clothes. I gently poked him on the shoulder, making sure to balance and not fall. He glanced over my his shoulder, a small smile on his lips. "What are you making?" I learned to see. He was making french toast. I smiled happily. "How did you know this was my favorite?" He smiled down at me and shrugged his shoulders. "I didn't" He had a smirk etched on his face. I knew he was lying but it kinda made me happy. The more he got to be with us. Hank, Sumo, and I. He just started to act more human. He was learning. I was still a little scared it was just a part of his programming to adapt.

I moved away and sat down. Patently waiting for him to be done. I could tell he was close. I blushed when he turned around, a huge smile on his face. He looked proud and happy about his masterpiece. He looked so human. I leaned on my hand. He set down two plates. It always felt weird that he didn't make any for himself. He set down two glasses of milk and utensils then went to go wake up Hank. I watched him walk away. I much preferred him in normal clothes. It felt homier. "Can I start eating or should I wait for Hank?" He shook his hand and continued out of the room. "Just eat, we should start getting ready for work soon." I nodded even though he wasn't looking at me. I turned to face my food and smiled. It honestly looked really good. "Oh, I have powdered sugar... where did I put it?" I whispered to myself. I sighed in annoyance when I realized it was on top of the fridge. I got up and hoped to the fridge and tried to reach for it. Of course, I have to have a super tall fridge. I'm 5'1 and my fridge seemed to be as tall as my roof but it really wasn't. "Come one! Why did I buy such a tall fridge?" I asked myself. I heard a laugh behind me. I turned around and leaned on the fridge. I saw Hank giggling at me. His face was flushed. He wasn't all there yet. I rolled my eyes. Connor was just smiling at me. "Connor, can you sober up Hank?" Hank moved away quickly. He held his hands up in defense. "I'm fine. Sorry, Charlotte." I laughed. "That's what I thought." I turned back to try and get the sugar again but nothing was working. I saw Connor's arm reach above me. I turned around and was face to face with his chest. 

I was completely trapped. I smirked up at him. "Oh what you look at this?" Connor looked down at me, a box of sugar in hand. He titled his head. "Are you flirting with me?" His cheeks turned a light shade of blue. Since he has blue blood, when he blushed it wasn't red. It was blue. That's how I knew I got to him. "Do you want me to be?" It was my turn to turn a different shade. I moved my hands gently around his neck, pulling him down to my level. I kissed him gently and bit his lower lip. I had never done that before. When we pulled away I looked into his chocolate eyes. "Always" He smiled and kissed me again before helping me back to my seat. He handed me the sugar. I moved to start scooping some out but he gently grabbed my wrist. "Not too much. It's not good for you." I laughed and nodded. I only put one scoop on because I knew he would have stopped me if I tried to do anymore. We spend the rest of the morning talking until we finally started getting ready. We were soon on our way to work. It was nerve-wracking. No one in the office had seen me in a few days. They knew what had happened because the captain had a quick briefing about it and I was even on the news. Captain Fowler told me that if I needed more time then I didn't have to come in. I could take as much time off as I needed. I wanted to go to work though. I wasn't going to do anything extreme but I wanted to get my mind off of being 'ill' in a sense.