Lies and Love

Words - 2929

Next Update - July 9

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

Charlotte's POV ~

I watched Connor flick his coin around his fingers. It was mesmerizing. He was so strong and unfazed by everything. I felt that he wanted to protect me but I didn't think I needed it. I know I don't need it. I've been through hell and back and still came out alive. I needed to show him that. I saw that Hank was getting fed up with the sound of Connor's coin. I knew it kinda urked him when he was just trying to concentrate on what he was doing. He wanted to focus on the assignment at hand. Connor could do that easily, even while playing with the coin, but Hank needed silence. Connor threw the coin to his left hand and Hank finally broke. He quickly grabbed it roughly. "You're starting to piss me off with that coin, Connor" I knew he wasn't really being too harsh. Connor couldn't tell though. All he could do was apologize to him. Hank put the coin in his pocket as Connor said he was sorry. We finally reached floor 79 and the doors slowly opened. There were officers already there but we needed to be there too. Since we were assigned to all Android cases. I was honestly expecting to see more blood or wounded people but then I remembered Markus did this. He wouldn't hurt innocent people. He wanted peace for all.

Hank walked out first and an officer said hi to us both. Connor still hadn't left the elevator as Hank began to speak. "Shit, What's going on here? There was a party and nobody, told me about it?" I giggled even though I knew it wasn't very appropriate to do so. I heard the same officer from before scuff, "Yeah, It's all over the news, so everybody's butting their nose in." He looked at Hank and I. "Even the FBI wants a piece of the action" I hated the sound of this. The FBI wasn't really fond of normal officers taking on cases this big, but as I said before, we have our orders to be here. "Ah, Christ, now we got the Fed on our back... I knew this was gonna be a shitty day. So what do we got." Hank continued to look around. I turned to Connor, still in the elevator. I looked at him confused. I gestured for him to follow. "What are you? A vampire? Are you waiting to be invited in?" I giggled to myself. He didn't say anything in return. He was acting kinda weird. I turned to look at Hank. "A group of 4 androids. They knew the building and they were very well organized." We all walked forward. "I'm still trying to figure out how they got this far without being noticed" We stopped for a moment before continuing forward. "They attacked 2 guards in the hallway. They probably thought the androids were coming to do maintenance. They got taken down before they could react" We continued into the control room. "One of the station employees managed to get away. He's in shock, not sure when we'll be able to talk to him." Connor looked up at a camera. I hoped they didn't catch Markus on that. By the way he's describing it, they haven't really hurt anyone yet. It seems like they even let that guy go. "How many people were working here?" Hank asked. "Just 2 employees and 3 Androids. The deviants took the humans hostage and broadcast their message live" Connor turned back around to look at more evidence. He knelt down and analyzed blood. He stopped for a moment and looked around. I grabbed his sleeve. "What is it, Connor?" He looked down at me and I saw an almost paleness to his eyes. "Nothing detective." My arm fell and he continued forward. "Detective?" I whispered to myself. Why did he just...

I shook my head and did a light jog to catch up to him. "Connor?" He stopped and looked at me again. I could see the same paleness. "Yes, detective?" I flinched. Why was he calling me that all of a sudden? "Are you okay? Your acting strange." He tilted his head like he usually does but everything he was doing seemed too different today. "Nothing is wrong with my software." I felt my eyes go wide and I shoved past him. I was with Hank now. He didn't seem to notice how distraught I was. "Oh Lieutenant, this is Special Agent Perkins from the FBI. And this is his partner, Detective James. Lieutenant Anderson and Detective James are in charge of investigating for Detroit Police" Agent Perkins looked at Connor, "What's that?" Connor stood still but tall. "My name is Connor. I'm the android sent by CyberLife" The man scuffed. "Androids investigating androids, huh? You sure you want an android hanging around. After everything that happened" He raised his eyebrows for a moment. I was not going to let this prick talk down on Connor. I took a step forward. "This android has saved my life multiple times. More than any other officer in the Detroit Police. We trust him with our lives" I gestured toward Connor. Agent Perkins put his hands on his knees to be more on eye level with me. "I can see how easy it is, you know. Being a damsel in distress and all?" My heartbeat quickened and I took a step back. Him being so close caused a reaction. He fixed his posture. "My point exactly." He took in a breath. "Whatever. The FBI will take over the investigation. You'll soon be off the case" Hank started walking away. "Pleasure meeting you. Have a nice day." I guess Agent Perkins wanted the last word. "And you watch your step. Don't fuck up my crime scene" He turned and walked away. before Hank could even respond. "What a dick. God, I hate people like him" The officer showing us around spoke up after my tiny outburst. "I'll be nearby. If you need anything, just ask." I let out a sigh before finally listening to what Hank was saying. "Uh, let's look around... let me know if you find anything" We looked around, found clothes, blood, and even bullet holes. It was like a little war zone happened in here. I hope everyone was okay. Including Markus and his friends.