Chapter 2

You felt your heart beating faster and faster as they approached you. You knew exactly who they were, but not all of them were here. In front of you stood three of the world's mightiest heroes. Tony Stark (Iron Man), Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch), and Steve Rogers (Captain America), along with a few agents in black suits (who you assumed were S.H.I.E.L.D. agents) looked at you in a serious expression.
They found you, they knew who you were and they were here for you. You froze for a few seconds before you decided to act normally as a bookshop retailer.

"Wow, it's such an honor to have you three here in my bookshop." You said, trying to make your best fake smile. "What kind of story or book are you looking for?"
"I know this one story, I think you might know it." Tony started saying. "It starts with a normal girl being captured by Hydra."

The moment he said that your smile faded quickly. You looked at him straight in the eye, ready for whatever came next.
Your hand slowly went under the table unnoticed grabbing a gun you hid there for emergencies. Then, Tony kept talking.
"This girl was put through experiments and studies that made her develop inhuman abilities, and made her one of Earth's deadliest assassins. And that girl just happens to be you."

As he finished his sentence you pointed the gun at him, but the two agents quickly took out their guns pointing them at you, Wanda put her hands up with magic flowing around her hands, and Steve took out his shield ready to fight.
You were so scared. Then you remembered Mia. She was hiding behind a book shelf. You gave her a quick warning glance for her to stay where she was.

"Listen to me." Cap started saying. "We don't want to hurt you, we want to help you. We can offer you protection and training, and you can help us in our missions." He made it sound so simple and nice. But you were tired of being a weapon, you just wanted a normal life.
"I'm sorry, but that's not gonna happen." You said.
You loaded your gun and right before you shot one of the agents, a spiderweb took the gun out of your hands. A surprised look appeared on your face as you looked up, and that's when you saw him, hanging from the ceiling. That spider kid you had seen in TV sometimes was now one of the Avengers, apparently.
"Hey there! I'm Spider-Man. Nice to meet you. I'll be keeping this if you don't mind." He said, referring to your gun. You frowned.
You were running out of ideas, so you decided to just run out through the back door along with Mia. But that was a stupid plan. As you started running, you felt a strong force lifting you up from the ground and stopping you to move. *Freaking witch* you thought as you looked at Wanda, unable to move.

"Since you don't want to come with us willingly, we'll do this the hard way and you'll be put as a prisoner." Tony threatened. "We know about your past and your abilities, so just do as we say and everything will be fine."
An idea popped up in your head. You weren't happy to use your magic because that was your leverage, they didn't know that about you, almost nobody did, and that made you even more dangerous. You knew that if you used your magic now, next time they found you they'd be more prepared, but so would you. It was your only option, so you went for it.
"Well, for one thing, you missed a tiny detail from my story." You said with a slightly evil smirk.

Everyone looked at you confused, but before they were able to react you freed yourself from Wanda's magic by using your own. You quickly threw each of them aside at the same time as the dark purple magic flowed through your hands. As you threw them aside you also threw all their weapons away and held them with your magic like Wanda did before. You weren't scared anymore, you felt powerful and very angry. Your own magic slowly lifted you off the ground making your clothes and your h/l  h/c hair move as if it was windy. Everyone looked at you with fearful eyes, even Mia. Nobody could move or defend themselves. Your eyes turned purple and you said raising your voice:
"I'm nobody's property, let alone a weapon. I'm tired of being used all the time, just leave me alone!"

As you finished your sentence a powerful wave of purple magic came out of you and as you screamed, your magic hit the six people knocking them unconscious.
You fell on the floor, exhausted, and your eyes went back to e/c, your normal color. You breathed heavily, but didn't waste any time. You quickly ran towards Mia, thankfully you didn't hit her. She looked at you in a frightened look. That drilled a small hole in your heart. You didn't want her to be scared of you, but that was inevitable, you considered yourself a monster.

You broke off the silence by saying: "We need to leave quickly, I'll teleport us somewhere outside of Brooklyn."
"You can't, you've used too much energy. You're not immortal, y/n." Mia said worryingly.
"I know that, but we'll die if we stay here." You said helping her to stand up.

You held her hands as you closed your eyes, concentrating on the place you were going to go. Magic started surrounding you and just like that, you were gone.