Chapter 29

A/N: So, there will be a part in this chapter where you'll need to listen to the song "Let You Love Me" by Rita Ora (I attached it next to the picture of the dress up there) to understand one thing, you'll also know when to listen to it.

Warnings: mentions and use of alcohol

You quickly close your bedroom door once you get there, and you head to the bathroom to take a shower.

"7pm, I've got an hour." you say to yourself as you check the time. You then walk in the shower, feeling the warm water run down your tense body from working out, creating an amazingly relaxing feeling.

You're almost done taking the shower when you hear some noise coming from your room. You ignore it at first, but when it doesn't stop you become suspicious. With furrowed eyebrows, you turn the water off and wrap yourself in a towel before opening the bathroom door cautiously to see who was in your room. You see no one there so you open the door fully and still no sign of anyone, leaving you more confused. You scan the room with your eyes, trying to find any clue, until you come across your bed.

"What the..." you mumble as you approach your bed. On top of it, you see a beautiful blue sequin dress with a note on it. You pick it up and start reading the note which says: Don't even bother on trying to find me so you can complain, put on the blue one for tonight.
It's not signed but you already know who it's from.

"Damn you, Nat..." you say as you grace your fingers over the blue fabric. You had to admit it, the dress was beautiful. You decide to just get it over with and wear it to the party. You also decide to put on some music to get you in the party mood while getting ready. This was going to be your first high school party, something you've never even dreamed of but is apparently extremely common and normal for people your age. So, music should help calm down your nerves a little.

You start with your make up, putting on some eyeshadow, very subtle contour, mascara, a nude matte lipstick, and a perfect winged eyeliner. You then move on to your hair, which you decide to straighten. And lastly, you carefully put the blue dress on. You look at yourself in the mirror, being very proud of your results, and once you're completely ready, you go outside your room to find Peter.

Once you get to his room, you knock on the door a few times, hoping he's there.

"Come in!" you hear him say, so you open the door to find him struggling with his tie. You chuckle at the cute situation before shutting the door, and that's when he finally looks at you. His jaw drops and the tie falls from his hands, his face slightly flushed.

"Hey." you say with a giggle as you approach him.

"H-hey." he stutters.

"Look who's the speechless one now..." you tease.

"Shut up." he says rolling his eyes with a small smile. You lean down to pick up his tie and when you stand back up, your face almost touches his, so you slowly walk back a few steps. "You look amazing..." he says as his eyes roam your body, making you blush.

"Thanks, you too, but it looks like you could use some help with this." you say, referring to his tie.

"No,, it's fine. I got it." he says, trying to grab his tie, but you move it away from his grasp.

"Let me." you say, holding his hand down and he gives in. You wrap your hands around his neck to position his tie. You both stay in an awkward silence, avoiding each other's eyes as you fix his tie. Being so physically close to him killed you inside because you wanted to be even closer to him, but you couldn't, you couldn't risk it, at least not yet. You craved and missed his lips on yours, and so did he, and being alone with him in his bedroom and just a few inches away from each other was dangerous for the both of you.