Chapter 9

*Peter's P.O.V.*
I see her being taken away by the doctors, but right before she leaves the room, she mouths something, which looks like "I'm sorry". Now I'm extremely confused. Mr. Stark pats my shoulder from the back and says:
"It's okay kid, we won't hurt her, she just needs to accept the fact that she's not going anywhere. Now let's go meet with some of the team members."

—————

We're in the living room again. But not everyone is here, only Nat, Clint, Bruce, Bucky, and Quill. I sit next to Nat.
"So.... she tried to escape again?" Bruce asks.
"Yes, but I already knew she would try. That's why the cell was prepared for her strength." Mr. Stark says.
"God, she's becoming very annoying to deal with." Nat complains, for one part she's right, but for the other... I still want to help her get through whatever it is she's going through.
"Yeah, are you gonna do anything about her, Tony?" Quill asks.
"Peter will still try to talk to her, and after they become a little closer, I'm also going to make her an offer to join the Avengers." Mr. Stark says. Everyone looks at him in shock.
"What the fuck? She's tried to kill us multiple times and she doesn't look like she wants to stay either." Nat says.
"I know, but it will change, believe me. And if everything that she's told Peter is true, then we'd be doing her a favor."
"What did she tell you?" Bucky asks looking at me.
"Well... she said that she doesn't remember anything before Hydra, all she remembers are the years of torture and suffering. And also how she has been abducted many times since she escaped. She basically doesn't have anyone or a home at all."
"And do we believe her?" Nat asks.
"I mean, that's what they did to me, so I guess we do." Bucky says.
"Alright, Peter, you can take a break for today. Y/n is in the infirmary, she hit herself pretty hard with that amount of power." Mr. Stark says. "If she really doesn't remember anything, then she can't help us figure out anything about her powers, only Hydra can."
"What are you implying?" Nat asks.
"We need to come up with a plan to get that information from Hydra." Mr. Stark says and Nat sighs.
"I'm going to go to my room now." I say as I stand up. As I walk out of the living room, I see Mia Davis entering it. I give her a quick glance before walking past her. I wonder what she's still doing here"

—————

I've already been in my room for a while, so I decide to walk around the hallways. I come across the lab where I see and hear Cap and Mr. Stark arguing. I stay outside of the room trying to hear what they're saying.
".... You don't understand!" Mr. Stark says.
"Then make me understand!" Cap says. And the room falls silent.
"I ran some DNA tests on her, and—" I can't hear the rest because Bucky and Sam are running around the hallways like little kids and screaming. What the hell? When they leave I try to hear the rest, but I missed a key part.
"God, Tony"
"I don't know what to do. This solves everything, but at the same time it opens up a whole lot of new problems."
"We'll figure out, just take your mind off of it for a while." Cap says.
I decide to leave them alone as I make my way to the infirmary almost unconsciously. When I get there I realise where I am and I freeze, but I still decide to go in.

I slowly open the door to see her looking out the window. She wasn't asleep. She quickly turns around looking at me confused, and sees me sitting down next to her hospital bed.

"What are you doing here?" she asks. Her e/c eyes fixed on mine.

"I wanted to see if you were okay." her expression becomes even more confused.

"Why?"

"Well, you hit yourself pretty hard and I got scared." she softly smiles and blushes a little bit, but when she realizes, her face becomes serious again.

"I'm fine." she simply says looking away, but then she looks at me and rephrases her answer. "I'm not fine, I mean, physically yes, my whole body hurts but it'll heal. But for the rest, I'm not fine..." her eyes start watering, and you can see her trying to hold back her tears.

"What do you mean by the rest?" I ask with worry in my voice.

"Everything else. I don't even know what I'm doing anymore, I just want a normal life. Every time I start feeling happy or like I finally belong somewhere, something happens and it takes the little things I have left away from me. I've lost the only person I trusted and loved, she just turned me in like I meant nothing to her, I have nobody." she says as her voice cracks in the end letting a single tear slide down cheek. Without thinking, I lift up my hand and softly wipe away her tear with my thumb. She flinches slightly at my touch and looks at me surprised, but she doesn't move my hand away.

"You have me" I say confidently. We stare at each other for a few seconds, my hand holding her chin for her to keep looking at me, but then the door opens, and I quickly pull my hand away. Mr. Stark walks in, and looks at the both of us slightly confused, but he brushes it off and says:

"I need to talk to y/n"

"Oh, I'll go." I say as I stand up, but Mr. Stark puts his hand on my shoulder.

"No, stay here." he says and I sit back down. Y/n looks at Mr. Stark seriously as he sits down. Maybe this has to do with whatever he found out in her DNA.

"So, y/n, I'd like to make you an offer." Mr. Stark says. Y/n looks at him confused and she sits down on the bed leaning backwards. "We'd like you to join the Avengers." she doesn't look surprised, instead she just scoffs. "What?" Mr. Stark asks.

"What makes you think I'd like to join your circus after capturing me?" she asks. "All you people see me as is a strong weapon to use in case of emergency, while having top security on me 24/7."

"Look, I know we didn't get off on the right foot." he says, and y/n scoffs again.

"Understatement" she says and Mr. Stark rolls his eyes and he keeps talking.

"I honestly think we can come to some kind of agreement for you to work with us. I know you have nowhere to go, and the only person who was taking care of you left you..." in that moment y/n looks down and gulps. "...besides, you are only 17, you can't just start a normal life all by yourself, at least not until next year. You also keep saying how we want to use you as a weapon, but we're not Hydra, we're a team, and yes, there's security all over us as well all the time, but we care for each other. We don't torture or kill people, we save and help them. That's what we're trying to do with you. If you stay with us and join our team, we can train you, provide you with safety, and you'll help us fight for people who can't defend themselves."

"You know you're asking a criminal who's murdered hundreds of people for help, right?" y/n asks with a little sarcasm.

"You weren't yourself when Hydra made you do that." I interfere.

"I know, but part of me still knew what I was doing."

"Well, if you join us you can make up from all the lives you took by saving others." Mr. Stark says.

"I'll never be able to pay back for everything I did..." she looks down again.

"Maybe not, but you can definitely save innocent people who might need your help. Come on... Wanda can also help you control your power." Mr. Stark says.

"That stupid witch? Excuse me, but I'm much stronger than her, and if anything I should be the one giving her lessons about magic. Our magic might not even be the same! And I've got my magic and temper completely under control!" she was getting angry again, and her hands started to produce that purple magic. Mr. Stark and I look at her hands with serious looks, and when y/n notices she looks at her hands as well, seeing the magic flowing around her hands.

"Shit..." she says, calming down. "Whatever, just take me back to my cell so I can think, I don't want to hurt anybody else." well, that's new. Some doctors come in to allow her to get rid of some tubes attached to her arm, and help her stand up, before taking her to the cell.