Chapter 10

*3rd person P.O.V.*

The guards bring you inside the cell and leave you there after locking the door. You sit there for a while playing with a hair band you had on your wrist, and start thinking about what Tony said. I guess that if I stay here I'll be safe, and maybe, one day, I'll even be happy. You thought. Part of you wanted to take the offer, but another part of you told you to keep running. It was a difficult decision, so you decide to go to sleep and think about it next morning, with a clearer mind.

--------

You woke up to the sound of some security guards bringing in your breakfast. You groaned as you sit up on your cell bed and look at the guards fiercely. You were a very grumpy person in the mornings, especially if someone woke you up abruptly. You start lifting up your hand with magic flowing around it, ready to throw the guards out of your cell, when you hear a familiar voice coming from a hidden speaker.

"Put your hand down, y/n! They're just bringing you breakfast and new clothes." Tony says. You roll your eyes, and lay down on your bed as you watch the guards leave the cell with scared eyes. When they're gone, you sit on the chair and eat your breakfast. After you're done, you change your clothes with the security cameras off, thankfully these ones aren't like the previous ones, they're more comfortable and less revealing. You sit down comfortably on your bed as you start playing with the hair band again.

You were lost in your own thoughts when the door of the room outside the cell opens. You lift up your head from the hair band and when you see who it is, your expression drops. It's Mia. You hadn't spoken to her since you found out she turned you in. You stand up, trying not to show any emotion on your face.

"Hi." she says waving at you with a soft smile, but you don't answer. "I came to say goodbye." she says. What? You just look at her confused. "I'm leaving. I know it's the worst timing, and that I should be here for you right now, but I can't. I'm sorry for what I did, but I can only hope that one day you'll realize that this is for your own good, and you'll thank me." you look away, trying your hardest to hold back your tears.

"So that's it? You're just going to leave me?!" you say as your voice breaks. "What about everything we've been through? After all the promises! You're just gonna throw it all away?!"

"I'm sorry, y/n. I love you, I really do, but I have to go." and just like that, she leaves, giving you one last look as she exits the room. Leaving you alone, you sit on the floor against a wall, you gulp, and you strongly close your eyes letting a single tear slide down your cheek. And before you know it, more tears start falling quickly, making your eyes red from the tears. Y/n, stop crying, she's not who you thought she was, you'll be fine without her, you have to. You keep putting those thoughts in your mind until a different thought crosses your mind. Peter... He was more different than you expected. He was caring, sweet and he seemed like he was actually worried about you, not just because they told him to be friends with you. You laugh a little under your breath as you remember his obvious reaction yesterday, when he saw you in those clothes. Just as if someone had read your mind, Peter enters the room outside your cell.

"Hey." he says with a large smile, but then he sees you crying and his expression becomes worried. He types in a code and enters your cell quickly. You look at him surprised.

"What are you doing? I could hurt you!" you say, with fear in your face. He closes the door behind him and sits next to you on the floor.

"I know you won't" he says.

"You don't know that..." you mumble as you look down.

"Was it Mia?" he asks softly and you just nod, still looking down. "She came to see us after she said goodbye to you this morning and told us how devastated you were, so I decided to come see how you were doing."

"I've been better." you say with sarcasm making him laugh a little, and you smile at him."Thank you." when your eyes meet it's like his shy self takes over.

"Oh, it's no pro-problem. I-I mean, you we-" you cut him off by giving him a hug. At first it felt odd; you had never hugged anyone except for Mia, but only a few times; but then if felt good. You could feel his warmth and for the first time, you felt like you were finally connecting with someone.

You both hear someone clearing their throats outside, so you break the hug quickly and look at the people in front of you, Tony and Natasha.

"Well, well, well... Looks like someone's finally making friends." Tony says with a smirk. You can see Peter blushing from the back of your eye. You and Peter stand up.

"Hello, I'm Natasha Romanoff." the famous Black Widow says offering you a handshake. You shake her hand hesitantly and in disbelief. "Look, I didn't think you had any humanity in you, but Peter convinced me to give you a chance, so I will. But listen well, if you use any of your magic tricks against us or try to hurt anybody, I'll make sure you never leave this cell." she threatens and you just roll your eyes, and you feel Natasha's grip tightening around your wrist. Tony steps in separating you both as you give each other a death stare.

"Alright! Y/n, we're here to see if you made a decision." Tony says, breaking the silence.

"I did."