Chapter 21

*Peter's P.O.V.*

I'm sitting in the living room, working on some summer homework that I needed to finish, and I can barely concentrate. Come on Peter, school starts tomorrow. You need to finish this. I keep trying to focus on the equations but my mind and my heart are somewhere else. Last night I handled the situation with y/n pretty well. I said that I was okay with us being friends, and yes, part of me is, but it's a very small part. When we kissed I felt like that was it, everything would work out from there, but it didn't. I don't know how long it's going to take for us to figure everything out, but I also don't know for how long I'll be able to control and hide my feelings for her, and something tells me that she will have the same problem. I just don't know what to do. I know I have to accept her decision and not let my feelings get the best of me, but my heart is telling me one thing and my mind another. What if during the time we're not together, she stops having feelings for me? Or worse what if she falls in love with someone else?

"You alright there, kid?" Stephen asks me from across the table and raises an eyebrow at me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I look at him confused, not sure of what he means. But then I look down and see that I snapped the pencil in half from gripping it too hard because of the thought of y/n with someone else.

"Yeah, I'm going to take a walk around the tower." I say, and start walking around.

It's awfully quite in the tower. Most Avengers had gone on a mission and as for the rest, y/n included, I have no idea where they are. As I walk past the gym, I hear some thuds and grunts coming from the hall.

"You gotta try harder than that!" I hear Bucky's voice coming from the gym, I take a few steps back to take a look inside. I take a quick glance inside the large room, and I see y/n training with Bucky. I look at her hypnotized at how strong she is and how beautifully she moves even though she's fighting, and I can't help but let a smile form on my face.

"Oh, I'm not even trying." y/n says with a smirk, before quickly pinning Bucky to the ground in a swift move. I shouldn't even be surprised, she has proven to be stronger than Bucky and Steve. Y/n hands out her hand at Bucky to help him stand.

"Alright! You're going to train with Wanda next." Bucky says. "But she's not going to teach you this time, you're gonna fight her." he says, and y/n's eyes widen.

"What? But I don't know if I can fully control my powers to not hurt her!" y/n says worriedly.

"It's fine, me and Vision are here if anything happens." Bucky says putting a hand on her shoulder, but she just shakes her head.

"No, I'm sorry, I just don't feel ready." she says and looks down.

"Hey, it's alright, I totally get it. There's no need to rush into things" Bucky says. Y/n nods, and turns her head towards the door and when she sees me she smiles.

"Hey Peter." she says, and Bucky turns to look at me with a smirk. "How long have you been standing there?"

"I- uh, I just- not long." I stutter, and y/n giggles. She grabs a water bottle and her gym bag and walks towards me.

"See ya, Buck." she says waving at him with the back of her hand as she walks towards me. "Tony told me something this morning." she says as we walk along the hallway.

"What?" I ask curiously.

"He installed an arcade in the tower." she says while taking a sip of her water. "Can we go? I've never been to one and it will be so much fun!" she says excitedly.

"Sure, why not." I say, chuckling at her cute excitement.

"Great! Let's just go to my room so I can take a shower and then we can go." she says.