Chapter 35

Michelle and Shuri were getting ready together in Shuri's room while Peter and Ned were in Peter's room getting ready as well. Throughout the whole process of getting ready Peter couldn't get that moody expression off his face and Ned noticed that. While Ned was fixing his tie he saw Peter's face through the mirror and immediately sat down beside him.

"Hey, I know these aren't the best circumstances for going to Homecoming-"

"Understatement of the year." Peter cuts him off.

"But we have to stay strong, okay? I know it's hard, I know that this might be harder for you than it is for me, but we can't do anything about it. We need to rely on the Avengers for this." Ned says.

"We have been, for two weeks now." Peter says, his patience running out.

"Yes, but you can't just stop living your life."

"For y/n? I wouldn't hesitate."

"Damn, okay. But what do you think y/n would want you to do?" Ned asks.

"She'd want me to find her."

"She would want you to live your life until they find her." Ned says. "Peter, this is your last Homecoming, you can't bail on us now."

"I know Ned, I know..." Peter says. "But it's too hard."

"Well, nobody said it was easy. Just come to Homecoming tonight and after this you dont have to go to anything else til they find y/n, deal?"

"Deal." Peter says after a sigh and him and Ned do their iconic handshake, followed by a tight hug.

"Mr. Parker, Mr. Leeds, Shuri and Michelle are ready and waiting for you downstairs." Friday announces.

"Damn, how did the girls manage to get ready before us?" Ned asks with a chuckle and Peter shrugs his shoulders.

-

"You boys ready to go?" Michelle asks once Peter and Ned come into view, and they nod. Michelle is wearing a yellow dress and Shuri is wearing a red one.

"Then let's go." Tony says with his car keys in his hand. As they all walk to the car, Peter and Tony stay a little behind. "You sure you wanna go to this?" Tony asks Peter.

"It'll be good for me." Peter says after a sigh. "You know, to get out and stuff. How's it going with finding y/n, though?"

"We've located almost all of Hydra's bases around the world, now we just need to find out which one she's in."

"How many are there?" Peter asks.

"More than a hundred." Tony says with his head hung low.

"Shit..."

"Don't lose hope Peter, we'll find her soon."

"Yeah but I cant help but think that when we find her it'll be too late and she'll already be under Hydra's complete control." Peter says.
After that, their conversation dies down and they head towards the school.

*Peters P.O. V.*
"Okay kids, just call me whenever you want me to pick you up and also if there's any trouble." Mr. Stark says.

"We sure will, Mr. Stark!" Ned says with a smile from ear to ear, letting his inner fanboy show.

We walk into the school seeing all the beautiful decorations and lights that adorned the big hall where the dance was taking place. There were already lots of people there, most of them dancing. Without being able to stop it, thoughts start invading my mind. I should be here with y/n, I should be here with her. Everything was going fine, we were finally in a good place, and then they just took her. My thoughts are interrupted when the two people I wanted to see the least come into view.