Chapter 34

*Peter's P.O.V.*
Two weeks. Two weeks since y/n had gone missing, or should I say since she got captured by Hydra. Sure, we did find some connections and tips to where she might be, but everything kept leading nowhere. No matter how close we got to her, we would always go back to the beginning.
I've barely slept, the thought of her suffering keeping me up every night. I tried to let the Avengers handle this and focus on other things, but how could I? How could any of us? Knowing that she's out there being tortured by Hydra. The pain is consuming me, and I can't do anything about it. That's the worst part, feeling useless.
I've also barely spoken to Michelle and Ned since I haven't gone to school either. I think that they have but I just don't have the strength to go.

I keep drowning myself with negative thoughts until someone enters my room without even knocking.

"Hey kid." I hear Mr. Stark say. I'm not looking at him, I'm facing the window, so I turn to look at him, and the second I do, his whole expression drops. "Oh God..." he says when he sees my messy hair and red eyes from crying. He rushes over to me and sits next to me on the bed. "How are you holding up?" he asks after putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I don't know, what do you think?" I snap at him, sounding angrier than I intended, so I immediately apologize. "I'm sorry..." I say, rubbing my temples.

"I know it's been a rough couple of weeks, but we're doing everything we can, so just hold on, okay?" he says and I nod. "Hey, we're about to have dinner, wanna come?" he asks. I was about to say no, but I knew that at least I shouldn't shut everyone else out.

"Yeah sure..." I sigh.

-

We spent most of the dinner in silence, not needing words to know how we were all feeling. We were failing to find her, we were failing her, and we all knew that. Silence keeps filling the room until I speak up.

"So, did you find anything today?" I ask.

"The usual..." Nat says. "Everything we find leads nowhere, I'm sorry..."

"It's fine, I just wanted to know." I say, staring down at my empty plate.

"Are you thinking of going back to school?" Steve asks. "It's been two weeks, so I was thinking that you could give it a shot."

"No. I want to be here when you find a lead that we can actually use." I say.

"What about your friends? Have you been talking to them?" Wanda asks.

"About that..." Mr. Stark starts saying. "Two somebodies came to see you." he says with a smile, before I can ask anything about it, Michelle and Ned come into view after stepping into the dining room.

"Guys! What are you doing here?" I ask, standing up to greet them.

"We were told you were feeling really miserable, and besides, it's been a while since we've talked. We just wanted to see if you were okay." Ned says.

"Well, he is pretty miserable anyway." Michelle teases, lighting up the mood and making me chuckle, something I haven't done in a very long time, and Mr. Stark notices that.

"Maybe you guys should go hang out in Peter's room or the living room. Shuri you should go with them, get to know Ned and Michelle." Mr. Stark says. After that, we go to my room where there are some video games on the PS4 that Mr. Stark gave me, so I guess I could get distracted for a little while.

"So, any progress on finding y/n?" Ned asks innocently once we get to my room.

"No." I simply say staring blankly into the wall before looking down.