Chapter 24

Hey guys! Sorry it took me a while to upload this chapter. I kind of had writer's block, but then I finally got an idea, so here it is. This chapter is a little long, and it gets pretty intense, just warning you, but I think it was pretty good ;) Tell me what you think! xoxo

*3rd Person P.O.V.*

The first week of school had gone by smoothly and it ended up being much more fun than you expected. You met some new people, became closer to Ned and Michelle and therefore hung out with them and Peter a few times after school. You were doing great in all classes, and the Avengers forgot about the Monday morning when you texted them during class. You talked to Liz a few times as well, but you tried avoiding her as much as you could so your jealous side wouldn't make an appearance, and Flash kept flirting with you every time he got the chance which really annoyed Peter. Flash also kept asking you to sit with him and his popular friends at lunch, but you refused every time, preferring your actual friends a million times more. After school, you and Peter would hang out with Michelle and Ned at a park sometimes, or just went home with Peter and did homework.

Today was Friday, and you and Peter had just come back from school. You were preparing a small suitcase along with Peter since you were going to spend the weekend at the Avengers tower. Ned and Michelle had asked you and  to hang out this weekend, but you had to give them a lame excuse about you not feeling well so they wouldn't wonder where you were. Aunt May knew you both had the Stark internship, so you told her you were going to stay there for the weekend, which was honestly the truth but without the details about you and Peter having superpowers.

"I'm done." you say with a sigh. "You ready?" you ask Peter, who was zipping his suitcase.

"Yes, are the bodyguards here to drive us?" he asks as you open his bedroom door and head towards the apartment entrance.

"Yeah, you know they're always around." you say.

"Are you kids leaving already?" you hear May say from the kitchen, and seconds later she comes out and walks towards the two of you.

"Yeah, the driver's waiting for us downstairs." you say.

"My God! A driver?" she asks, and you and Peter nod at the same time. "Well, I shouldn't be surprised, it's Tony Stark we're talking about." she says with a laugh. "I'll see you two on Monday, you kids have fun." she says pulling Peter into a hug. After she finishes hugging him, she pulls you into a hug, catching you off-guard.

"Oh!" you exclaim the second she pulls you into the hug, and you let out a low chuckle while Peter looks at you, and you smile at each other. May pulls out of the hug, and Peter opens the front door.

"Bye May!" Peter says.

"Bye." you say and you follow Peter.

-

The driver pulls over in front of the Avengers Tower. You and Peter get out of the car and you open the trunk to get your suitcase, but the bodyguards take yours and Peter's suitcase.

"Um, I can carry my own suitcase." you say, as one of the bodyguards closes the trunk.

"Mr. Stark's orders." the bodyguard says.

"Okay..." you say. You and Peter walk inside the large building with the bodyguards behind you. You realized in that moment that you hadn't walked inside the building through the main entrance yet, as you contemplate the large officinal hall. There were people in smart clothes walking around quickly with papers and folders in their hands. Right, there are people working in this building too. You remind yourself, since you had only been around the Avengers' living area of the tower, when you see a woman in a suit approach you.