Chapter 37

*Peter's P.O.V.*

The whole time in the jet, I didn't leave y/n's side for a single second. They had put her in a hospital bed and medicine was now running through her veins thanks to a tube injected in her right arm. I held her hand for the whole ride, not wanting to let go in fear that something bad might happen. I looked at her unconscious face as I kept praying that she'd wake up soon until someone taps my shoulder. I turn around to see Nat.

"Hey." she says softly with a small smile.

"Hey." I say surprised. "I thought you were in another jet."

"I switched places with Strange." she says. "I wanted to make sure you were okay."

"I'm fine, Nat, just waiting for her to wake up." I say, turning back to look at y/n.

"We all are." she says, putting her hand on my shoulder. "There's still a lot of time left til we get to the tower, maybe you should get some sleep."

"I'm good, I wanna stay here." I say.

"It's 5am, Peter, how long has it been since you've gotten a proper goodnight sleep anyway?" she asks and I know what she means.  Since y/n went missing, I've barely slept, the thought of her keeping me up every night, and Natasha knew. Perks of being a spy. I sigh before finally agreeing, after all, we finally had y/n back.

"Fine, but promise me that-"

"We'll tell you if she wakes up, don't worry." Natasha finishes my sentence with a smirk. I stand up and head towards the area of the jet with the sleeping compartments, one of them is already occupied, so I assume Wanda's in there since I haven't seen her in a while. I close the compartment's door and flop on the bed. I hadn't realized how tired I was until now and once I finally feel the mattress's softness with an eased conscience knowing that y/n was safe, sleep washes over me.

-

A loud thud makes me wake up suddenly. I open the sleeping compartment's door to see Natasha.

"Did you sleep well?" she asks.

"Yeah" I say groggily while rubbing my eyes. "What was that noise?" I ask.

"Oh, we just landed, I was about to wake you up." she says. I walk with her to the main entrance of the jet to see a few nurses taking y/n (who still hadn't woken up) outside the jet and inside the tower.

"Where are they taking her?" I ask.

"Don't worry, lover boy, they're putting her into medical help." Nat says. "She used an immense amount of power back there, she's just really banged up, but she'll be fine." she reassures. "It's only 6am, Peter, maybe try to sleep a little more, we'll tell you if there's any progress."

"What are you, my mom?" I ask teasingly, and she just rolls her eyes.

"Just looking out for you, now go." she says. I do as she says and go to my room. Even though I wanted to stay by y/n's side, I knew that going to sleep was the best option right now. The doctors would be working on her treatment, so they wouldn't let me in anyway. I would just sleep for some hours and then wake up to see if there was any progress.

When I wake up I look at my phone and see that it's already 11am, so I head to the kitchen to have breakfast. I didn't really know where the rest of the Avengers were since we came back from the mission, but thankfully when I reach the kitchen I see some of them there.

"Hey." I smile when I walk inside.

"Hey." Scott says when she sees me, looking up from his cereals.