Chapter 28

Another week had gone by quickly. You spent the week avoiding Liz and so did she. To be honest, you felt kinda bad about lashing out on her like that, but whenever you remembered that she liked Peter, you stopped regretting it. Right now you were in the car on your way to the Avengers Tower with Peter, just like every Friday evening.
Once you get there, you're greeted as usual by most of the Avengers and because they were so many, there was always a few of them missing. You joked around with Sam, Clint and Quill, enjoying the same sense of sarcasm you all shared, before going to your room to unpack.

You already had a lot of clothes at the Tower and other clothes at May's, so you barely had to pack anything except some homework and other essentials. After you're done, you sit on your couch besides the window, you had decided that was your favorite place since you could contemplate the beautiful city from an amazing view. Besides the stupid drama with Liz, you were overall happy and at peace. Mia still crossed your mind more than a few times a week, but you felt yourself getting stronger and over her with time. Even though you were starting to be happy with the Avengers, finally feeling like you had found your place, you were still mad at her for turning you in, but especially for abandoning you. She didn't even try to work things out, she just left, and that was real reason you weren't going to forgive her any time soon.
A knock on your door interrupts your thoughts.

"Come in." you say, and the doors slide open, revealing Nat.
"Hey." she says, taking a seat next to you.
"What's up?" You say.
"I wanted to tell you something, but are you okay?" She asks, noticing your serious and lost expression.
"Yeah, I was just thinking." you brush it off. "So, what is it?" you ask.
"Tony has organized another party for tomorrow night, just letting you know." Nat says. "I don't even know what he's celebrating with this one, he uses any excuse to throw a party." she jokes, making you chuckle. "We're all downstairs playing board games, if you want to come. Peter's also there." Nat says standing up to leave and emphasizing her last words, and you roll your eyes.
"Wait." you say, standing up to reach her. "About Tony's party, I don't think me and Peter can go..."

*Flashback*
"Hey y/n!" you hear Flash's voice behind you and you turn around.
"Hey!" You say with a smile.
"So, I'm throwing a party at my house this Saturday and you're the first person I wanted to invite. The attire is gonna be formal by the way, so what do you think about coming?" he asks with his natural smirk.
"Umm, I don't see why not." You say a little too quickly without thinking it through. "But with one condition."
"Anything for you." Flash says with a shit-eating grin.
"You have to invite Peter, Ned, and Michelle." you say, and Flash's grin fades away.
"I don't mind Ned and Michelle, but does Parker really need to come?" he asks.
"Yes." you say firmly.
"Fine. As I said, anything for you." he says.
"Thanks." You say, and you start walking back to class but Flash stops you again.
"But I'll still get some time with you, right?" he asks and you raise an eyebrow. "Or at least a dance." he says and you chuckle.
"We'll see about that." you tease and start walking again.
"I know that's a yes, y/n!" Flash's voice echoes through the empty hallway and you roll your eyes with a smile.
*End of flashback*

"Peter and I were invited to a classmate's party tomorrow." You say and Nat looks at you sceptically.
"What's his name?" she asks, crossing her arms over her chest.
"Flash Thompson, why? Don't tell me you're gonna go on full spy mode and find out everything you can about him." you say.
"What? Pfff. Obviously not... Just the necessary stuff." she answers, and you shake your head with a smile.
"Whatever, but please, can we go?" you ask and she hesitates before answering.
"I'm sure there won't be any problem, but I'll have to tell Tony. And you guys have to get here at 2am tops." she says.
"Thanks!" you say.
"So, what are you gonna wear?" Nat says, opening your closet as if it was hers.
"I don't know, probably that red dress I wore at Tony's last party." you shrug your shoulders.
"Nope, you won't." she says, flicking through the clothes hung in your closet.
"What?" you look at her in confusion.
"You have to wear something different." she says. "I don't see anything in here, so I'll have to-"
"Nat, it's fine, really. I don't mind wearing the same dress." you cut her off.
"Oh but you do. If you want to impress Peter you have to wear another dress." she says with a smirk, making you blush.
"What?! Peter has nothing to do with this! And I'm not trying to impress him!" you say, embarrassed.
"Stop lying to yourself." she says, only making you frown more. 
"I'm wearing the red dress, case closed." you say as you close the closet. "Now, you were saying they were playing board games downstairs, right?"  You ask, and Nat nods her head with a disappointed look. "Then let's go."