Chapter 16

*3rd Person P.O.V.*

Today was Thursday, and it had been one day since the incident with your powers. Luckily, Steve recovered quickly and forgave you, understanding that you lost control. Wanda taught you different ways to use your powers and how to control them. Even though you were stronger than her, she had more control and knew some other tricks and abilities. It also surprised you how similar your powers were. One of the things she taught you that you liked the most was flying and mind control. It felt amazing when you finally learned how to do it. You had also been hanging out around the tower during your free time with other Avengers, except Peter, you were trying to avoid him at all costs, and you didn't know why. You were getting very annoyed at the security guards though, they followed you everywhere, and when you went inside your bedroom, they just stood outside guarding the door. But you were starting to feel more welcomed by the whole team, and slowly felt yourself growing happier.

------------

You just had lunch and you were watching TV with Clint, Sam, Bucky, Scott, and Peter Quill when Natasha and Wanda walked in.

"Y/n, let's go." Natasha says, standing in front of you and blocking your view from the TV.

"What? Where?" you ask confused.

"We're going shopping." she says. You remember how Steve was going to tell the girls to go shopping with you. You roll your eyes and stand up.

"Wait, is it safe for her to go out in the city?" Clint asks referring to you, and the rest of the guys turn their heads towards you, as their attention gets caught by the question.

"Yes, that's why we three are going with her." Wanda says, crossing her arms. Three? you ask yourself, and that's when Gamora walks inside the room.

"Wait, she's not coming with us, is she?" you ask, raising an eyebrow. You two had made amends, but now it was a sort of a love-hate friendship between the two of you. Gamora just rolls her eyes at your question, and she tilts her head towards the door indicating "let's go".

Nat, Wanda, Gamora, and you start walking towards the exit of the tower, and right before you leave, Tony stops the four of you.

"Make sure you buy her a sexy dress for the party I'm throwing tomorrow night." Tony says, winking, and you see Natasha rolling her eyes.

"Tony... I thought we agreed that she wasn't going to attend the party." Natasha says.

"Yeah, but that was before I asked Peter to come, and he said yes, so I thought it would be a good idea for them to keep each other company If you know what I mean." he says with a smirk. You got a little excited and stressed at the idea of attending a party, especially a Tony Stark one. From what you had heard, he threw the best parties in Manhattan, and a lot of people attended them. When Tony mentioned Peter it only added to the stress, but you managed to seem unbothered by the situation.

------------

You had already spent around two hours at what they told you was The Shops at Columbus Circle mall in Manhattan. To be honest, you were liking the clothes you were buying, and Natasha, Wanda, and Gamora, were being surprisingly friendly and helpful at helping you buy clothes. You bought pijamas, a lot of casual clothes, some sports clothes, swimwear, and some more elegant and smart clothes.

"Are you sure I can buy so many clothes?" you ask, as the four of you walk around the mall while carrying lots of bags on both arms.

"Of course. We're not even paying for these, it's Stark's money. And he very specifically said that we could spend all the money in this credit card that he made for you to go shopping." Wanda says.

"Alright, time to go hunting for that party dress." Natasha says.

You walked inside a store that looked really expensive, and your eyes widen when you see all the beautiful party dresses. Gamora, Wanda, and Nat picked out some dresses for you and you tried them on, but you weren't convinced by any of them. It had been a while since you had been trying on dresses, and you were losing hope that you were gonna find a dress you liked.

"Here, try this one on." Natasha says, handing you a red off-the shoulder dress. You try it on, and when you look at yourself in the mirror, you're amazed at how perfectly it fits and how good it looks on you. You open the curtains of the dressing room to show the girls.

"Oh my god..." Wanda says, with her eyes wide open. They all look at you with their mouths hung open, and you're starting to get worried.

"Y/n, I think we've found your dress." Gamora says.

"Are you sure?" you ask. "Isn't it too short?" you say as you try to pull the dress down because of your nervousness, and Nat rolls her eyes.

"Look, you need to be more confident and let lose sometimes." Natasha says with a smile. "I bet Peter's gonna love it." she says, and Wanda and Gamora start laughing as you blush, almost matching the red of your dress. You quickly close the curtains and get changed.

"Let's just go." you say, heading to the till with the red dress in your hand, still blushing from Nat's comment, and not wanting to face them.

After you finish all your shopping, Happy picks all of you up in a luxurious black car, and drives to the tower. You walk inside the tower heading to your room to put all the clothes in your wardrobe, but you had to go through the living room first. You walk inside the living room, with Nat, Wanda, and Gamora behind you, and you're greeted by all the men.

"Woah, that's a lot of clothes." Sam says, when he sees how many bags each of you are carrying.

"So, did you find a cute dress?" Tony asks from the sofa. You hear some giggles and you can't help but blush a little bit, knowing that Peter was there as well.

"She did." Natasha says with a smirk.

"Oooh, I'm sure Peter would like to see it." Bucky says and you can see Peter blush like crazy.

"It's alright boys, you'll see it tomorrow." Wanda says.

"And be ready for all the paparazzi as well." Tony says.

"What?! Paparazzi?!" you ask surprised. "How big is this party?" you ask.

"Let's go take all the clothes to your room." Nat says as she starts to walk out, followed by Wanda, Gamora and you. Right before you walk out, you hear Clint's voice slightly yelling:

"Come here one second, Maximoff!" he says. When you hear the last word, you freeze, letting the bags drop as you stare into the hallway, your back facing all the heroes.

"What, Clint?" Wanda says as she walks in the room again before finding you standing still like a statue. Everyone looks at you worried, and you don't move. Nat and Gamora, walk in as well, and they look just as confused and worried as everyone else when they see you.

"Y/n...? What's wrong?" Natasha asks, trying to make you look at her, but your gaze is lost in the distance.

Bucky stands up and waves his hand in front of you. "Hey, y/n, what is it?" he says, making you snap out of your thoughts.

"Wh-why did Clint s-say Maximoff?" you stutter, turning around to face everyone and you see how worried they all look.

"That's my surname." Wanda explains with a confused expression. "My full name is Wanda Maximoff, I thought you already knew."

"But why did you freeze like that?" Scott asks from the sofa.

You breath in and out strongly before answering. "There's something that I haven't told you..."