Chapter 11

*3rd person P.O.V.*

You throw yourself on the bed looking at the ceiling thinking how this is going to be your new home until who knows when. Home... you never had that, it made you feel happy and scared at the same time. Staying here meant having to open up to the Avengers, building relationships,... but you were willing to go through that, because part of you knew this was the best thing that had ever happened to you. At least this way Hydra wouldn't be able to get ahold of you.

You stand up looking around your new bedroom, amazed by its size and its high-tech decoration. Your large bed was put against the middle of a wall with night stands at both sides. There was a modern wardrobe and desk next to a large window, which occupied a whole wall with views to all of Manhattan. It was truly beautiful... Tony had told you to wait and settle yourself in your room while he had a meeting with the rest of the team, announcing the news. Part of you didn't really care what they thought, but another part wanted to prove to them that you were worth it. He also said that someone would come pick you up for lunch, where you will meet all the Avengers, and you secretly hope it will be Peter.

*Peter's P.O.V.*

I don't know why, but I was so happy that y/n was joining the Avengers, now we'll be able to spend much more time together, but why am I so excited really?

We walk inside the living room where all the other Avengers and Guardians are waiting and chatting amongst themselves.

"I have an announcement to make." Mr. Stark says. "This might come as a shock to most of you, and as something negative as well, but you have to trust me on this. Y/n will be joining the Avengers." everybody looks at him in shock, until Clint starts laughing.

"That's funny." he says while laughing, until he sees Mr. Stark looking at him in a serious expression. "Wait, you're joking, right?"

"No, I'm not. I know that you don't want her to join, but she's not an enemy. She's lost, she has nowhere to go, and Hydra is still looking for her. We can either help her and have her on our side, or let Hydra take her, make her suffer, and have her as an actual enemy. It's up to you." Mr. Stark says. The room falls silent for a few seconds, until Wanda speaks up.

"He's right. Yeah, she's tried to kill us, but she was trying to escape. She has never known any kind of protection, so she thought we would do the same that Hydra did to her." Wanda says.

"Thank you." Mr. Stark says exaggerating his movements. "So, does everyone agree?"

They all slowly nod their heads, some more sure than others.

"She's in her room right now, and she's gonna have lunch with us so she can meet everyone. I know we all usually have lunch at different times and not all together, but let's make an effort this time." Mr. Stark says. "Gamora, can you please go get y/n and bring her down here?"

"Why me?! She might try to kill me again." Gamora says.

"Hey, don't worry, if she tries something on you, I'll be there to protect you, baby." Quill says, putting his hand on her knee.

"I think I might throw up." Sam says and Gamora rolls her eyes.

"Fine, I'll go." she says as she stands up and exits the room.

*3rd person P.O.V*

You were sitting on a large black sofa right next to the window, gazing at the jungle city of buildings, you had never seen New York from this point of view, and you loved it.

A knock on the door startled you, snapping you out of your daydreaming. You quickly fixed your hair and clothes in the mirror, thinking it was Peter behind the door. You didn't know why you felt like you needed to look good to meet him, but you still did it. Little did you know it wasn't him behind the door. When you opened the door, your smile dropped turning into a frown when you saw Gamora.