Chapter 17

*Peter's P.O.V.*
"There's something I haven't told you..." y/n says expressionless without making eye contact with anyone. She pauses for a few seconds and she looks like she's not sure if she should tell us or not.
"Hydra never allowed me to know anything about my past or my parents, since they brainwashed me." she explains. "But the only thing they let me keep was my surname... Maximoff. That's why I panicked when I heard that name. It's the only thing linking me and still keeping me close to my parents." The room falls silent. No one really knows how to react at this, including Wanda, and trying to figure out if it's just a coincidence or something more. "But you know, its probably just a coincidence, it doesn't matter." y/n shrugs it off with a soft smile and moves a lock of hair behind her ear.

"But why did you tell us your surname was y/l/n?" I ask, confused. Her eyes finally meet mine after avoiding me for a few days, and it feels like there are no problems anymore, like it's just her and me. But her eyes look slightly colder than other times.

"I made up that last name after I escaped from Hydra so I could hide. I've been using it ever since, I guess I kind of got used to lying about it." she answers honestly.

The room falls silent again, no one quite sure what to say. Everyone was probably thinking the same thing though. You don't usually find someone with the surname Maximoff, let alone when you already know someone with that last name. Yes, coincidences exist, but something wasn't adding up in this one.

"You haven't told them yet?" Steve asks Mr. Stark in almost a whisper, but loud enough for everyone else to hear, and everyone turns their head towards them raising an eyebrow. Steve was sitting in between Sam and Tony, and after he says that Tony hits Steve with his elbow in a warning sign for him to not say anything. But everyone easily notices that.

"Tell us what, Tony?" Wanda asks, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow. But Tony stays silent and looks down.

"Come on, Tony, you have to tell them." Steve says. Tony lets out a loud sigh before answering.

"You know how everyone always says that this is such a small world? Well, it's true, and there are a lot of surprises around the corner-"

"Just get to the point." Steve cuts Tony off.

"Y/n, Wanda is your sister." Tony says extremely quickly and looks down. What? Sisters? How is it possible? Was that what I overheard him and Steve talking about a few days ago? No one says anything, and we all look shocked. I look at y/n waiting for her reaction. She was already serious and expressionless before, and I didn't think it was possible for her to have even less expression on her face, but she does. Her face turns pale the second those words leave Tony's lips, and it's impossible to know what she's thinking. I look at Wanda, trying to find some kind of emotion, at least she looks shocked and confused.

"Wh-what?" Wanda says. "That's impossible... How do you even know that?" she asks, she gives y/n a quick worried glance and then her attention goes back to Tony.

"When y/n was being taken care of at the infirmary, I ran some tests in order to find out where her powers come from and how powerful they are. One of the tests was a DNA test. I couldn't believe it when I saw the results, but you both share the same DNA, and you both come from the same parents."

*3rd person P.O.V.*

Your head is spinning. You can't think clearly and your vision is becoming blurry as your eyes start to water. Your whole life you had believed you were completely alone, that your parents were dead and that you had no other family members left. At least that's what Hydra made you believe. Your whole life believing that lie. But now... now all that has changed. You aren't alone, there actually is someone from your own blood standing right next to you, and it's becoming too much for you to process.