Chapter 12

*Peter's P.O.V.*

Lunch was going relatively well, y/n wasn't talking much but she wasn't causing trouble either, she was really concentrated on her food. I'm sitting next to her as I watch her cautiously, trying to decipher why she's being so quite. I can see a little sadness in her beautiful e/c eyes.

"So, y/n." Natasha starts saying, and y/n lifts up her head to look at her. "Why don't you tell us a little bit about your story?" y/n stares deep into her eyes, and she frowns slightly.

"Nat" Cap warns her. He was sitting next to Natasha.

"It's fine." y/n says. "There really isn't anything to hear, unless you want me to describe every single mentally and physically painful day in Hydra, cause I barely remember anything else." everyone stops eating and looks at y/n, quite shocked at what she just said. I can see her hands are slightly shaking, but she quickly calms down again.

"Okay... Then why don't you tell us about your magic?" Nat asks again. "Has it always been with you?"

"I don't know, I don't remember." y/n answers coldly without looking at her, as she keeps eating.

"So, how did you learn to control it?"

"Hydra trained me." y/n says, still staring at her food.

"How did they train you?"

"Torture."

"Do they know where your magic comes from?"

"I don't know." everyone looks at each other worried, aware that this conversation isn't going to end well, and that it feels like an interrogation. Cap tries to stop Natasha again, but she keeps pushing.

"Do you?"

"No"

"Does it come from your parents?" Natasha asks, I look at y/n's e/c eyes. She's trying to hold back tears.

"I don't have-" she stops talking as she abruptly stands up and leaves the room quickly, leaving everyone shocked by what just happened.

"What the fuck was that about, Romanoff?" Tony says.

"Sorry, I'm just trying to get some information out of her. I just feel like she's not telling us something." Nat says, and she starts eating her food.

"So what, you're just going to question her as if this was an interrogation?" Tony says. "We are supposed to make her feel welcome, it's the only way she'll ever open up to us."

"You're right, I'm sorry, forget I said anything." Nat says.

I looked around to see people's expressions, and figure out what they were thinking, but they were all staring at their food.

"Someone should go find her." Clint says. In that moment, y/n walks in the room and silently sits down and starts eating her food again. Everyone looks at her shocked at how she handled the situation. I guess everyone thought it would end violently, but it didn't.

"What?" y/n asks looking at everyone who was staring at her, including me. She rolls her eyes. "Look, I'm fine, it's just that every time my parents are mentioned I get anxious. I had to get some air, I'm fine now." she says.

Wow, I'm amazed at her strength, not just physical, but emotional too. I can't begin to imagine what she's gone through, and yet she manages to act like everything is fine.

"How do you do it?" y/n asks Bucky. Again, everyone lifts up their heads from the food to look y/n. I guess it's because they really want to hear her talk, since they've only met her aggressively.