Chapter 31

The picture above of Damon and Elena will make sense at some point in this chapter, you'll see. Btw, I feel like the song "Small Doses" by Bebe Rexha (above as well) is pretty accurate for      y/n's and Peter's friendship/relationship, what do you think?

-

You collapse onto the bed as your emotions take over you. You had just gotten to your room at the tower, after telling Tony the truth about what happened between you and Peter, and surprisingly, he didn't make any sarcastic comment, instead he was very sympathetic and comforting. However, you lied to the rest of the Avengers about why you were here. Most of them were hanging out in the living room, and after they all started bombarding you with questions, you didn't have the strength to tell them the truth, as anxiety took over you, and it only added to the stress and slight heartbreak you were already feeling. You get up from the bed and slowly walk over to the couch beside the wall-sized window, knowing that your favorite spot would calm you down.

You sit there in a silent cry allowing thoughts to flood your mind. Time passes quickly and the sun starts setting. The beautiful shades of red, orange, and purple on the sky making you feel much better. The colors accentuate your features, making your red nose and eyes, and dried tears visible. In a matter of minutes, the city is  full of lights and the sky is a dark shade of blue. You start to fall asleep when you suddenly feel something weird. It's something you've never felt before, it's not a feeling though, it's more like a physical force. You feel that force coming from outside your room, feeling somebody's presence. It only takes you a few seconds to know that Wanda is outside your room, without even knowing how you were so sure.

"Come in." you say, before she even knocks. The door opens, revealing a worried looking Wanda. She walks over to the couch and sits next to you. "Um, how the hell did I know you were here?" you ask quickly without hesitation.

"What?" she asks back.

"I felt your presence or something outside somehow, I didn't know I could do that." you say sincerely.

"I didn't know either, but I do know what it is." she says, and you wait for her to go on. "I don't have that amount of power myself, but Stephen helped me understand these powers, and we came across what you just felt once. You can basically feel people's energy when they come near you, this usually happens when your emotions are heightened." she says. "Wanna talk about it?" she asks, referring to Peter.

"How do you know? Did you read my mind?" you ask.

"No." she softly chuckles. "I don't do that anymore, but I can see you just cried." you sigh before starting to explain everything.

"Peter hurt me on purpose because he wanted to get back at me for something I didn't even do." you say, looking down.

"What does he think you did?" she asks.

"That I agreed to be Flash's date for Homecoming, so then he asked Liz to Homecoming." you say. "We got into a pretty big fight, so that's why I'm here." after a couple seconds of silence, Wanda speaks up.

"Well, it was a misunderstanding, so maybe-"

"It doesn't matter whether it was a misunderstanding or not! The thing is that he chose to hurt me without even talking it out first." you cut her off by raising your voice. "I... I just need some time, I guess." Wanda looks at you with a sympathetic smile.

"Well then, take all the time you need, okay?" she says while caressing your hair before standing up. "We're about to have dinner, you coming?" she asks.

"No, I'm not hungry." you say. "Besides, I'm really tired so I'll just go to sleep."

"Okay, good night." she says before leaving your bedroom and leaving you alone again. You take a deep breath to try calm your emotions down before standing up to get ready for bed.