:: Chapter Five ::

~Ciel's POV~

I felt numb; cold, numb and lifeless. My Auntie An was no more, my dear sweet auntie who used to visit us at the manor during the summer and holidays and would play games with me. She was gone. I gently reached down and closed her eyes. "Rest peacefully, auntie." My voice trembled and my body shook violently, though I wasn't quite sure if it was from the chill or the swirl of emotions battling within me. I draped Sebastian's coat over her lifeless form. I was alone. I was so utterly alone in the world.

My gaze flicked to my demon butler as he gracefully landed, perfectly poised, on the side of the reaper's strange blade. His breathtaking burnt crimson orbs lingered to me for the briefest of moments, what was that emotion burning in his eyes? An involuntary shiver rolled down my spine and I forced myself to look away from him. I heard the reaper yelp.

"You just aimed for my face! You fiend!" The flamboyant reaper squealed in a high-pitched grating voice.

"Quite right, I am simply one HELL of a butler." Sebastian threw me a devilish smirk and I felt my heart race in my chest.

"You really think you can win against a god?" Grelle shot.

"Hard to say, as I've never fought one, but if my young mistress commands me to win, then I shall." His burnt crimson orbs began to shift, glowing brilliant fuchsia, his pupils turned to fine slits and I found myself staring in awe at my demon butler. He turned his demonic gaze to me once more and I resisted the urge to gasp at the hungry look in his eyes. But there was something more than hunger in his wicked gaze, something primal, something I couldn't quite decipher.

"You seem pretty taken with that brat." Grelle's voice was almost a whine.

His feral fuchsia orbs returned to their calming burnt crimson as he returned his focus to the reaper, "Quite."

What did he say? My heart skipped a beat and a small gasp escaped my lips. His gaze returned to me and I almost jumped for fear of what deep emotion they'd reveal. A devilish smile twisted its way to his lips, curse him.

Grelle's electrifying green orbs narrowed into a glare as he too turned his focus on me. "Perhaps I'll remove the competition." He lunged at me.

Sebastian didn't move. What was he doing? Grelle was closing in.

"SEBASTIAN!" I screamed as Grelle readied to strike, I was too numb to move.

His strong arms encircled me and his dark scent enveloped me as he flitted out of the way of the attack, "Do you see, young mistress, how inconvenient wavering can be." He breathed in my ear sending a violent shiver down my spine.

What?

"I know you have a pistol on your person, why didn't you shoot Madame Red?" He pondered as he dodged yet another swipe from the reaper.

That's what this was about? He was just trying to teach me a lesson? He set me on a crate and met the reaper head on. My blood boiled, how dare he?!

"Oh!" Grelle swooned, "The violent throws of passion between devil and Grim Reaper; the retriever of souls and the stealer and devourer of souls. It's the Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet!"

Sebastian grimaced at this. "Vile."

I winced as something pierced the palm of my hand and looked down. My fists were clenched so tight, my nails had broken through the skin, why was I so angry? I had an inkling to retrieve my pistol and shoot at the red-haired menace that was now sexually harassing my demon butler with his filthy words.