:: Chapter Twenty Eight ::

~Sebastian's POV~

My young mistress was disguised as her true self, a lady of nobility. She'd allowed Mey-Rin to fashion her in a beautiful azure dress that fell just around her ankles. The upper portion of the bodice had deep azure and black stripes across the bust and the overlay opened up in the center of the skirt revealing the black skirt beneath. Her long navy tinged raven hair fell in subtle waves around her delicate form, half pulled into an up do and the rest hanging freely. Mey-Rin had fashioned a portion of her hair to fall over her eye with my demon seal to conceal the eye patch from sight.

Ciel looked around the dock uneasily as she felt the gazes of everyone present at the crowded port. Many people gawked at her and I knew it was making her uncomfortable. Her gloved hands were clenched into tight fists at her sides. The furtive whispers of her admirers had her on edge.

"Dove!" A familiar cockney voice called out causing rage to burn through me. I'd thought we were finally rid of that pesky Ring Master.

I turned in the direction of the shout and my eyes narrowed into a glare as I spotted the pesky Ring Master. The snake charmer was on his heels. They were both poorly disguised in what I only assumed to be what they thought a butler should look like. It was clear neither of them knew the first thing about being a butler or how to dress as one.

Ciel's cheeks flushed, "What the hell are they doing here?"

"I'd like to know the very same." I glowered as they caught up to us.

"Oy, Sebastian, who are these blokes?" Bard hissed as he glared at the two newcomers as Joker snatched Ciel up in a hug. "Hands off!" He barked and shooed Joker away from the young mistress.

Ciel rolled her revealed eye in annoyance, "What the hell are you two doing here?"

"We decided to join yer service." Joker beamed.

"What?!" Ciel growled, "You can't just invite yourselves to join my staff."

"Don't worry, yeah?" Joker reached out to pat her on the head with his skeletal hand, "We got our own tickets." He winked.

"Why?" Ciel pondered.

"Seemed like fun." Joker beamed.

While I didn't particularly like that both men appeared to have some kind of feelings toward my young mistress, I knew they would try to protect her if things were to go badly. Perhaps it would be nice to have them aboard; I had a sinking suspicion that this trip was going to end in some sort of disaster. It seemed lately the Queen's missions seemed to be getting more difficult and each one put my young mistress in more danger.

"Fine, do as you wish, but don't interfere." Ciel drawled and turned on her heel. Her entire body was radiating with confidence as she strutted away toward the massive luxury passenger liner, the Campania.

I turned to the servants with a strained smile, "Please be sure to do your jobs properly while we're away."

"Right!" They all chorused happily.

"Where do you two think you're going?" I pondered as I noticed Snake and Joker trailing after Ciel toward the first-class entry platform.

Joker turned with a sheepish smile, "Following our mistress."

"I didn't hire you!" Ciel snapped in a huff and hurried her pace to the entry platform.