:: Chapter Nine ::

~Ciel's POV~

"You haven't been able to arrest the perpetrator yet, Abberline?" The irate commissioner of the Scotland Yard barked at his underling, "It's bad enough we let the Jack the Ripper Case slip through our fingers and that bloody brat took all the glory." He continued on his rant as I casually approached from behind.

I cleared my throat causing the pair to jump, "Please do forgive me for being a brat." I smirked as I snatched the paperwork from Abberline and handed them to Sebastian to memorize. Her Majesty, The Queen, was becoming a bit more than concerned that many of the Anglo-Indian merchants, aristocrats and even military personnel were being made a mockery of by being beaten, stripped and strung up in front of establishments. I'd put off our departure another day due to the curse, as I called it. Luckily for me I only had to endure two days of the curse, though they were amongst the most miserable days I'd ever experienced.

"Earl Phantomhive, what are you doing here?" Lord Randall glared at me.

"It would appear I'm here, once again, to do your job, seeing as you are incapable." I drawled knowing it would get a rise out of the angry older gentleman.

"You brat!" He snapped as he clenched his fists. For a moment I thought he was going to take a swing at me, but after a look at my demon butler, he seemed to think better of it.

"We'll be taking our leave now." I turned on my heel and stalked away as Sebastian finished sifting through the files.

He returned the files to Detective Abberline and followed closely behind me. "You don't appear to like the Commissioner very much." His dark voice trilled and I found myself turning to look into his brilliant burnt crimson eyes.

"What reason do I have to like him?" I pondered, "What did he do to solve my parents' murder? What did he do to find me when those monsters took me? NOTHING!" My fists were clenched so tight that blood bubbled up in my palms.

Sebastian caught one of my wrists in his hand as he knelt on the ground before me. He retrieved a silken handkerchief from his coat pocket and gently pressed down on a nerve in my wrist that caused me to ease my grip. "Be careful, young mistress." His hands gently wound the cloth around my bleeding hand. After he finished his task he moved to my other hand. I loosened my grip as he caught my other wrist. Instead of turning it palm up to bandage the wound he brought it to his mouth. His luscious lips tantalizingly brushed against the back of my hand sending delightful electrical spasms through my every nerve and causing the butterflies in my stomach to flutter about in delight.

"S-Sebastian?" I gasped and attempted to pull my hand away.

He held me in place by my wrist. There was laughter dancing in his burnt crimson orbs, and some other deeper emotion I couldn't quite place as he resumed his task of wrapping my bleeding palm in yet another handkerchief. I wrenched away from him as he finally released me and stumbled backward and fell into something solid. Strong arms encircled me before I could fall to the slush covered street and I stared up in awe to find a pair of brilliant golden green eyes. The young man who had caught me was of Indian descent wearing what I could only assume were clothes of nobility with strange burgundy colored hair.

"Are you alright, my prince?" Another man of Indian descent with his snow-white hair partially wrapped in a turban rushed forward as I righted myself.

The young man who had caught me smiled casually, "The pipsqueak did not harm me, Agni."

Pipsqueak? I glared. "Excuse me?"

"You are excused." The young Indian man smiled and gave me a polite dismissive bow before resuming on his way.