:: Chapter Eighteen ::

~Sebastian's POV~

The prim proper reaper and I exchanged threatening looks. He swung his strange shear tipped scythe at me.

"Stop!" Ciel darted forward and threw herself in front of me. What was she thinking?

"Ciel!" I pulled her against me a little more roughly than I had intended and turned shielding her from the reaper's attack. I caught the staff part of his weapon in my free hand preventing the sheared tip from impaling me.

"Enough." Ciel growled as she attempted to squirm out of my grip, but I held her tightly against me for fear she'd find some other way to rush to her untimely end. "Sebastian, release me."

"I'm afraid I can't do that, young mistress, you act too rashly." I sighed as Will glared and attempted to break my grip on his weapon.

"Oh, such burning passion. The dramatic tension is almost suffocating!" Grelle swooned, "Fighting for the love and affection of a dear maiden. I should like to be just such a maiden." He squealed as he pulled Ciel from my arms and attempted to sidle up next to me.

I grimaced and released my grip on the staff causing it to smack him across the face. "Revolting."

Ciel glared at the crimson haired reaper, "Keep your hands off of me!"

"Shut up brat, this doesn't concern you." Grelle snapped.

Ciel clenched her fists before lunging at him.

"Ready for the grand tour?!" The ring master, Joker, called as he ducked through the tent before staring wide eyed at the scene before him as Ciel tackled the red-haired reaper. "What's this?" He chuckled.

Grelle shoved Ciel off of him before dashing to the newcomer with a squeal, "My hero!"

Joker chuckled as the crazed red-haired reaper threw his arms around him.

I casually looked over to my young mistress to find her glaring at Grelle as he hugged the ring master. Was she jealous?

Joker threw her a dazzling smile, "Ye alright, Dove?"

My blood boiled as a modest blush clung to her pallid cheeks and she smiled shyly back at him. She gave him a timid nod in response. I wanted that man dead.

"Ye ready for the tour, yeah?" It was all because of that damn accent of his.

Ciel nodded meekly and blushed once more as he offered her his skeletal hand.

"It don't bother ye, does it?" He asked her curiously as she hesitated.

"She has a demon butler, nothing bothers that brat." Grelle scoffed.

Ciel stared at the reaper, her revealed azure eye wide in awe.

Joker howled with laughter, "Ye sure are amusin' Red." He laughed as he took Ciel's hand and turned to me, "Ye comin', Black?"

I followed begrudgingly leaving the insufferable reapers behind. Joker didn't release my young mistress' hand once we were outside. He prattled on pointing out each tent and explaining to her what each one was while I glared at the back of his head fantasizing about the most gruesome ways to destroy him.