:: Chapter Twelve ::

~Sebastian's POV~

I wanted to murder the prince. Though, I wasn't entirely sure what sparked these feelings of rage, I didn't normally feel such human emotions. She made me weak, she made me feel these petty emotions, but I didn't mind. If it brought me closer to her, I didn't mind.

The other servants were currently wandering the town; I think my young mistress was just hoping for some peace and quiet. However, that damn prince couldn't take a hint and was constantly hovering around her. I was astounded at the amount of patience she was displaying with him. I'd told my young mistress what I'd discovered about the prince's companion being the culprit we were looking for. Yet, she surprised me, instead of apprehending him immediately she wanted to wait, she wanted to find out his reasons. I think she was trying to find a way to keep the prince from getting hurt, which seemed highly unusual to me. So, for the time being we were acting as if we knew nothing. Mister Agni and I were in the kitchen preparing a desert for the young mistress and the bratty prince.

A loud crash followed by a scream from my young mistress nearly caused me to drop the bowl in my hands. I sprinted into the hall and glared as I spotted my young mistress sprawled across the floor with the prince on top of her.

"GET OFF OF ME!" She snarled.

I resisted the urge to hurl the prince away from my young mistress. "Remove yourself, from my young mistress, please." My voice was much darker than I had intended and I realized that my hands were actually trembling with rage.

Ciel's revealed azure eye stared up at me in awe, "Sebastian?"

The prince disentangled himself from my delicate young mistress, completely oblivious to my hatred. "Sorry, Ciel, I tripped." He laughed.

"Because you were walking too close." She growled in response and swatted away the hand I offered to steady her.

"Good morning, little Earl." Lau strolled through the front door.

"What the hell are you doing here!? And send a note or something before just waltzing in here!" My young mistress snapped at the Chinaman.

Lau chuckled at this and turned to the prince, completely ignoring my seething mistress. "You've been invited to a grand gala." He extended a sealed envelope to the bratty prince.

"Me? Who knows me here?" The prince pondered before throwing his arms around my young mistress, much to my displeasure, "Ciel! Was this your doing?!" He squealed.

Ciel yelped and attempted to fight off the bratty prince, "I didn't do a damn thing, now get off of me!"

The prince released my mistress as I took a threatening step forward. She stumbled forward and fell into my outstretched arms. "Young master, are you alright?"

She didn't pull away like usual. Her skin was still paler than normal, I was fairly certain she was putting on an act, pretending to be feeling better so the prince wouldn't feel bad. "I need to sit down." She sighed as she rubbed her temples.

I carried her into the parlor and was surprised and a bit concerned when she didn't protest. "Perhaps you should rest."

"I'm fine." She wriggled out of my hold and folded herself into one of the plush armchairs by the fireplace.

The bratty prince occupied the chair opposite my young mistress while he tore open the invitation. "I must bring a date?" He pondered as he looked down at the perfectly scrawled script.