:: Chapter Twenty ::

~Sebastian's POV~

She would be my undoing. I found myself slipping, falling into her web of love, lust and longing. Every sinful touch, every forbidden kiss, it was pulling me further into this blissful madness. Every waking moment, thoughts of her plagued my mind and it was absolutely maddening.

I sat up abruptly from my bunk as I heard my young mistress' voice, "Sebastian, are you awake?"

"It was lights out, two hours ago!" William growled from the bunk below me.

Ciel poked her head through the tent flap. Her skin was much paler than usual and she had the beginnings of dark circles forming beneath her eyes.

"Is everything alright, young mistress?" I asked her quietly receiving a painfully sharp nudge in the back from the reaper's scythe.

"The first-tier members all disappeared somewhere." She smirked, "Let's do some detective work."

"Do either of you know what lights out means?" William snapped.

"Do you even have a purpose here?" Ciel glared at him.

"Do you?" Grelle shot snidely as he popped up beside my young mistress.

Ciel looked momentarily taken aback by his sudden appearance before sliding on her cool mask of indifference. "You're about as purposeless as they come." She said coolly.

"Says a whorish brat who's only talent is wounding others with her words and seducing the help." He snapped.

Ciel's ivory cheeks flushed with color and she clenched her fists at her sides angrily as fire burned in her revealed azure orb. She opened her mouth to retort but closed it sharply as she thought better of it. "Sebastian, let's go."

"Young mistress, I think perhaps you should rest." I said calmly as I slipped from my bunk.

"What?" She was livid, "Why?"

"You'll just get in the way." Grelle said as if it were obvious.

"I will n-."

"He's right, young mistress, I'll be able to find out a lot more if I don't have to worry about looking over my shoulder every five seconds to make sure you're not in any danger." I said sternly. She needed to rest, and this was the only way to get her to back down.

Her glare was menacing. She had her fists clenched so tight that the sweet aroma of her blood permeated through the air, "Fine." She hissed and turned on her heel, storming out of the tent.

"The brat is kind of scary when she's angry." Grelle squeaked.

She wasn't going to forgive me, easily. It was for the best and whether she forgave me or not, I knew I was doing the best thing for her. The obnoxious reaper and his reluctant counterpart joined me on my investigation. This was not my night, my young mistress was furious with me, and I was stuck with two of my least favorite beings.

"Oh Bassy!" Grelle swooned, "We'll be like Sherlock Holmes and Watson, side by side solving mysteries. It's so romantic."

I grimaced at this, I'd much rather be working with my young mistress, at least she'd be a pleasant distraction. We reached Joker's tent in mere seconds though I was sure with Grelle's obnoxious voice and William's constant reprimands we'd be found out, but it was just as the young mistress had said, empty. Where was everyone?