o n e

Y/n's PoV

Beep! Beep! Beep!

You woke up to the practically deafening sound of your alarm. It was your first day of sophomore year. You didn't really want to go, but you were happy you would see your boyfriend, Dylan, and your best friend, Cass.

After slamming your hand on the snooze button, you doze off again. Your mom barged in and told you to get up and get ready.

"Breakfast is on the table, be there in 10," your mom yelled while walking out of your room.

You groaned. You were not looking forward to this part of the routine.

—————

After finally getting dressed and taking care of yourself, you headed to the kitchen to eat some pancakes. They were fluffy, buttery pancakes. Your mom is a great cook, she worked at a restaurant.

Anyways, you grabbed your back pack and headed out the front door of your apartment. Your school, Midtown, was only a few blocks away so you walked.

10 minutes later, you were arriving at school, walking past the train station. You noticed a semi-familiar face. After a few seconds you realized it was your old friend Peter, but he looked different. Last year he was a small and skinny boy, but now he looked ripped. Huh, you thought.

You realized how distant you and Peter had become and wondered if he felt that distance too.

You dropped your thoughts when your best friend, Cass, walked up to school. Her real name was Cassandra, but she likes to go by Cass.

"Hey y/n," she shouted and walked over to you.

"Hey, ready for sophomore year?" you asked.

"Yeah I guess so...oh here comes Dylan!"

"Hey you," Dylan said.

"Hi, how's it going?"

"Missed you that's all." You chuckled at his words.

"Oh I overheard that Peter kid and his friend talking about Star Wars. They're so weird am I right?" he laughed.

You couldn't help but be a tad angry at that comment. Sure, you and Peter did not talk anymore, but you always stood up for him if he was bullied. You thought Dylan would be smarter and just keep his comments to himself.

"You know, Peter and I used to best friends," you told him, "we used to do everything together."
Used to.

"No way, why would a girl like you be hanging around him?" he laughed.

"Because I've known him since birth pretty much, plus he is a great person," you explained.

Dylan just shrugged. Since he brought up Peter, you couldn't stop thinking about him. You walked into school with Dylan and Cass by your side, thinking about where you went wrong with Peter. It was definitely the kiss. That was too much, you thought.

You would never tell Dylan about that, you and Peter made a promise. Even though it happened in eighth grade, Dylan would probably get pissed. But you didn't think you liked Peter that way.

The bell rang, breaking your thoughts. Time to start the school year.

"I have lunch fourth period, see you there?" Dylan asked.