t w e n t y n i n e

warnings: ENDGAME SPOILERS ANGST, fluff, altering of endgame events bc, HARLEY!
1350 words

Peter pulled back from your long awaited kiss and placed his forehead against yours.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, "I should have stayed."

"Don't be. You're a hero. You're my hero, as silly as the sounds. You saved people."

"Not Tony," he sobbed. He now buried his face in the side of your neck. You held him tightly.

"It's not your fault, don't do that."

He continued to cry and you let him, running your fingers through his hair softly to comfort him. All he needed was to be held and comforted.

May and your parents heard the sobs from the other room and ran to your door to see a distraught Peter in your arms, holding onto each other for dear life. May walked over and embraced the both of you in a hug. Then your parents did the same, rubbing your shoulders and Peter's. Everyone just trying to make each other feel some sort of okay again.

the next day - the funeral

"W-will you please come? I need you," Peter sniffled softly through the phone.

"Yes, anything you need, I'll be there," you replied.

"Okay. Thank you y/n. May will pick you up in an hour."

"Of course."

You got ready quickly. Dressing in a long sleeved black dress to head upstate with the Parkers. You didn't know either of the two heroes personally, that you would be remembering with Peter, but you knew they were the bravest and strongest people ever. Silent tears rolled down your cheeks, knowing how hard this would be for your love. He was so hurt. And you always cried at funerals whomever they were for.

A knock on your apartment door caused you to let out a choked sigh. Your parents saw you out and Peter was waiting at the door for you, eyes already red and swollen.

"Ready?"

"Yeah."

The two of you walked out to May's car hand in hand. And he didn't let go of your hand when you both crawled through the same door and sat down. It was going to be a difficult morning.

———————

The avengers were standing at the back of the Stark cabin, waiting for everyone to arrive. You saw all these heroes together, honouring the two we all lost.

Pepper Stark and Morgan Stark greeted you when the trio arrived.

"Peter, how are you," Pepper asked, giving him a hug.

"I-I'm getting t-there Mrs. Stark."

"So am I," she smiled.

Morgan hugged Peter's leg and said, "It will be okay Peter. Mom says it will be and she's always right. That's what dad always said!"

Peter tried to smile and rubbed the young girls head. She then turned to you and said, "Who's that?"

Peter looked at you, "This is y/n, my girlfriend."

"Oh your the y/n he always talks about!" Pepper smirked.

Peter nodded, "Yup, she sure is."

"Hi y/n! I actually know you from dad's stories. Dad told me Peter had a girlfriend and he always told Peter to treat her good!"

You smiled at Morgan, "That's so sweet!"

Morgan came over to hug you and you leaned done to reach her.