f i v e

Your POV

I walked into school on Friday morning, yearning for the weekend. Peter and I were going to turn in our chem assignment, my dad was coming home from his business trip tomorrow, and I was going to the movies with Dylan and Cass. I had survived the first week of school. Most of my teachers seemed good, and Peter and I are friends again.

I went to my locker and spotted Dylan and Cass walking down the hall towards me. They got closer over the summer, and I'm glad my best friend approved of my boyfriend.

"Hey guys! We still on for the movies tonight?" I asked.

"Totally," they said in unison. Dylan walked over and kissed my cheek. He knew I didn't really like PDA, but he snuck some kisses in whenever.

The three of us stood by my locker talking, Dylan's arm draped across my shoulders and Cass in front of us. Flash walked in and I let out a sigh. He and Dylan became good friends this week back at school. I couldn't stand Flash, I don't know how Dylan could hang out with him.

"Dylannnn what's up? Hey Cass, y/n," Flash said obnoxiously. I rolled my eyes.

"Two Saturdays from now, I'm having a party, my place. I expect to see you three there," he smirked, "oh look nerd alert." Flash motioned to Peter and Ned. The boys didn't hear Flash. Yet.

"Hey Penis Parker! Leeds! What's going on?" Flash shouted, walking towards the pair. Peter and Ned ignored him.

"Helloooo, I'm talking to you," Flash started poking at Peter. The boys were visibly nervous and annoyed by Flash's torment. I sighed.

"Answer me! Or are you too busy thinking about your grades or daydreaming about–"

"Okay that's enough," I whispered to myself while walking towards the boys.

"Hey Peter, Ned. Flash? Why don't you get going, it's obvious they don't want to talk to you," I smirked up at him, motioning toward the boys.

Flash didn't dare retort at me, not wanting to face Dylan. But why couldn't Flash just leave Peter and Ned alone. Peter is so sweet and caring and smart. Even Ned, who I don't know too well is incredibly nice.

"Alright, i'll be on my way y/n. I will see you at that party, right?" Flash questioned.

"Hmm we'll see."

Flash walked off back to Dylan and Cass, both of them were watching the situation go down. I then turned to the pair of boys beside me and smiled.

"Thanks y/n! That was really brave of you," Ned exclaimed.

"Y-yeah thanks," Peter stuttered, making eye contact with me before slowly looking away.

"No problem, it's what friends do. Don't let him get to you two," I said and headed to home room.

Peter's POV

I watched y/n walk away from where Ned and I were standing. She stood up for me. I was awestruck by this little kind action of hers. Sure, I could stand up to Flash myself, but I don't want to expose my powers or have him torment me more. But, she stood up for me.

I sat through the entirety of home room thinking about it. About her. The way she walked over so casually. Her hair falling over her shoulders, (sorry if you don't have long hair) the way she talked with her hands. The way her apologetic eyes met mine. The bell rung, pulling me out of my trance. I needed to pull myself together, she has a boyfriend! I'm fine with just being friends. I guess. No, no Peter! Not I guess! You are fine with that, no I guess! You two will always be friends, I thought, talking myself out of whatever was happening in my head.