s e v e n

thank you for 400 reads! <3

Your POV

When I got home from Peter's place, I immediately jumped into bed, exhausted. Although I couldn't seem to fall asleep due to thinking about tonight. I was still so glad to have my best friend back. But gosh, I was embarrassed when I realized I was cuddled up against Peter's arm. He probably felt so awkward. But it also felt right. I smiled to myself, then slowly began to fall into sleep.

—————

"Y/n! Get up, your father will be home soon," my mom called out at 10:30 on Saturday morning. I quickly jumped out of bed, and ran to the kitchen. I hadn't seen my dad in about two weeks, as he was on a business trip in San Fransisco. He was the vice president of the company and traveled a lot. A little tradition we had, as I called it, was that my dad brought me back a coffee mug from wherever he visited. Let's just say I had quite the collection.

My nose filled with the scent of eggs and bacon as I entered the kitchen. My mom was smiling while cooking. We always got up later than normal on weekends so eating breakfast at 10:30 am was not anything new. We sat down and ate, patiently awaiting my dad's arrival.

"So, how was movie night yesterday? You seemed pretty tired last night so I didn't bug you about it," my mom asked.

"It was great! Peter, Ned and I watched Jurassic Park. I feel asleep during it though," I chuckled, "I also cuddled into Peter's side so that was a little embarrassing."

My mom laughed, "What's wrong with that?"

I thought for a moment, "Nothing...nothing, it just, never mind."

Suddenly, the front door opened, pausing whatever words my mom was about to say.

"I'm home!" It was my father.

"Dad!" I shouted and ran to him, hugging him.

"Hey there! How are my favorite girls?" he asked as my mom joined our hug.

"We missed you! And I started school and it's going great!"

"Good to hear. I got a mug for you, of course! Fresh from San Fransisco!" He pulled the mug from his suitcase handing it to me. It was light blue with the Golden Gate Bridge spread around the sides.

"I love it! Thank you, thank you thank you!" I said hugging him again.

The rest of the day we spent time together as a family, much enjoying each other's company.

While sitting on the couch watching a movie late at night, I got a text from Peter.

He asked if I wanted to grab a coffee with him, Ned, and Michelle tomorrow.

"Who's that?" my dad asked.

"Oh it's my friend Peter. I don't know if you remember him at all."

"Parker? Of course I remember him. You two were inseparable! Always sitting on the fire escape talking until his aunt had to drag him home," he chuckled.

"Yeah, that's the one," I replied, smiling, "anyways, he wanted me to grab a coffee with him and our other two friends tomorrow, is that okay?"

"Sure," both my parents answered simultaneously. With that, I texted Peter back and enjoyed the rest of the night.

—————

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my phone buzzing next to my ear and saw a text from Dylan.