n i n e

sorry this took so long i was camping in the middle of the woods with no phone service or anything rip also i started school uh gross

be prepared there's quite a bit of dialogue in this chapter lol

Your POV

I walked into school Monday morning with Peter's grey jacket in hand that he left at my house. I was tired this morning, I didn't get much sleep the night before. My father was off to Vancouver before I got out of bed, I didn't want to talk. Even though I was sad and angry, I was going to try to not let it ruin my day. Both Peter and Ned were at his locker. On my way over to them, Dylan stopped me in the hallway.

"Hey, y/n, what's up?"

"Hi Dylan. Feels like we haven't talked in awhile," I said.

"Yeah well uh you know I was hanging with the guys all weekend. And Peter has been keeping you busy I'm sure, since you're all buddy-buddy with him again."

I rolled my eyes, "Peter and I have always been friends and always will be, except for the past year when we stopped talking but that doesn't—" I stopped talking, not wanting to mention the kids in eight grade. It's not like it meant something.

Dylan interrupted my thoughts, "Who's jacket is that?"

"Oh. It's Peter's, he left it at my place."

"Ah okay. But hey, let's go out tonight. Meet me at Casper's, 7 o'clock?" Dylan asked.

"Yeah, that'd be nice," I nodded and headed over to Peter. I bumped into Cass on the way over.

"Hey Cass!"

"Y/n," she nodded quickly and walked in the direction I came from.

"Peter! Here's your jacket."

"Oh thanks y/n, again, I'm really sorry about that—"

"It's fine! It's just a jacket," I laughed.

Ned asked, "Do you want to come over Peter's tonight so we can all study together?"

I shook my head, "Can't, sorry. I'm going out with Dylan tonight."

"Oh w-where?" Peter asked.

"Casper's. That little pizza shop." I smiled and a silence fell between us three.

"I heard the pizza there is really good," Ned exclaimed. With that, the bell rang and we went to our classes.

—————

I walked into the cafeteria to find our usual table empty besides Michelle sitting at the end with her nose in a book. As I sat down, I dropped my water bottle. I laughed at myself in my head. So clumsy.

Before I could pick it up, the bottle was already handed to me by Peter who was walking right behind me. I grabbed the bottle from his hands, lightly touching them in the process I noticed he was shaking.

I smiled widely, "Thank you, Peter."

"Yeah yeah sure, no problem."

We sat down and talked a little while we ate. When we weren't talking, the silence was comfortable and everything felt right.

time skip to after school

6:30 PM

I was all ready for my date with Dylan at Casper's. We hadn't gone out since summer, which wasn't that long ago but, I was excited. My dad had texted me too, letting me know he hoped I had a good night which made me feel a little better as well.