t h i r t y

i'm back! and y'all ain't ready for what i have in store...
warnings: endgame spoilers, possible ffh spoiler? major angst :( you being lowkey dumb oops

Thirty Days Later

Lights. Bright lights. Ringing in the ears. Vision slowly coming back.

"Dad!" you yelled.

Your father finally opened his eyes all the way, he had fallen after feeling dizzy.

You slowly helped him up, "I am okay uh, y/n."

Not only had he been feeling dizzy, but had been having intense memory problems ever since the car accident. A lot more had went on than you and your mother thought.

"A-are you sure?"

"Yes. Fine fine fine."

There was something needed to be said but he couldn't say it out loud. Work work work. Ever since the accident your father had been going to weekly doctor appointments to check on his condition. And he was let off work with pay, like many others after the Blip. But your father kept thinking about work and the people who he worked with, his partner especially. He knew the good in the world and the bad, especially the bad. He saw his now ex-partner in the hospital and heard the things he said to him. Things he knew would come back to him.

So now, an hour after he fell, he wrote a note. Your father believed it would be just a shame in telling you he had to leave for 'work' reasons again. So he wrote you and your mother a note. So he didn't have to face either of you. And in this note was the truth. The truth that you would find out, that your mother already knew, yet kept it from you.

You were sitting on the fire escape talking to Peter on the phone, telling him what happened and still comforted him after the trauma he went through. You would have been sat with your dad but he wanted space, he said. And your mom was picking up his prescription from the pharmacy.

"So your dad, he's having memory problems?"

"Yeah, it's not bad but he just forgets little things, like what we just asked him. He remembers everything before the accident I think but..."

"I'm sorry."

"Why do you keep saying your sorry it wasn't your fault, Pete. Things happen."

"It's just- it was a crazy accident. Pretty bad crash, I can imagine how scared you were, you know like my parents and like-"

"Wait- how- how do you know it was bad?" you whispered into the phone, slightly confused by Peter's words.

"I uh, well I," Peter stumbled.

"Spit it out."

"I was there. As Spider-man. I was swinging around and heard the crash and it was your dad, okay," he sighed. You were shocked. Peter was there. Where your dad could have almost died.

"Are you kidding me right now? You were there? You could have saved him! Peter, I—"

"Y/n there's nothing I could have done. He was already unconscious when I got there. I called the police and they got there as quick as they could."

At this point you started to cry. The crash wasn't Peter's fault but, he had that Peter tingle thing right? Wouldn't he have sensed it coming? Why didn't he do anything about it?

"You didn't sense it coming? You didn't even tell me?"

"I- not really."

"What's that supposed to mean Peter!" you yelled.

"y/n wait, I can explain."

"What's more to explain? You were there and it happened and he almost died do you know how that feels?"