t h i r t y t w o

warnings: angst, grief, fluff, make ups and make outs😳 play the song it's pretty!

3 days after the move in

the penthouse was amazing. it was huge and elegant, yet had a playful touch, definitely a step up from your two bedroom apartment. pepper said tony had bought the place as a way to be a closer support for peter and for your family, if need be. pepper was amazing. she felt like family and was so loving to you. she hugged you when you needed it most and gave you space too. and morgan, sweet little morgan, was being cheerful and making you seem like family. she was like a sister you never had, and you loved that. the three of you girls getting through this hard time together.

this morning you woke up was a particularly difficult one. you had barely slept, and when you did, it ended in waking up often from nightmares. there were still sticky tears on your face from the middle of the night. it had been a tough few nights since you moved in with the girls. your hair was a mess and you hadn't changed your clothes. you mostly stayed in your new room and had asked pepper if she and morgan would come in there to spend time with you when either of you needed it.  you were coping as best you could, and that was okay.

you did know at some point you would have to move on. from your father's disappearance, your mothers death, the snap, and the blip. so this morning, even though it was tough to get out of bed, you did it. and you were proud of yourself, and smiled. it's the little steps that mattered. you stood up on the oh-so soft rug and stretched—looking out the glorious glass wall on one side of your room. the view was spectacular, you loved the city so much. again, you smiled blessed to have some one such as pepper to provide you with such accommodations. she was such a strong and lovely woman.

you looked in your bathroom mirror, shocked by your reflection. your hair was matted, eyes dark, skin breaking out and baggy pyjamas. you pursed your lips and nodded your head at yourself in the mirror and said,

"i'm gonna be okay." (i was really tempted to write 'i'm just vibing' but i held myself back akfhskakdj)

you sighed and left your room to head to the extravagant kitchen where pepper would most likely be cooking breakfast for the three of you. you walked down the long, cold wooden floor to the kitchen/dining area. as you expected, there they were. pepper was standing by the stove flipping pancakes and morgan was sitting at the island, crayons in hand, focusing on her avengers colouring book.

"hi," you whispered quiet enough for them to hear. you hadn't been a big talker the past few days either.

"oh, y/n, good morning! i'm just making some pancakes for us!"

"thanks," you smiled, "good morning morgs!"

morgan smiled, "morning y/n/n! look! look! i'm colouring auntie nat!"

you sat at the barstool next to her looking at the picture. it was natasha romanoff in action, perfectly coloured by morgan.

"wow that's lovely morg!" you cheered. the girl smiled at you, still in her hello kitty pyjamas.

pepper came around and placed plates of pancakes in front of the two of you, giving each of you a kiss on the head afterwards.

"thanks pep, i really appreciate it, well this, everything," you said.

"my pleasure, i'm just here to help. i've got you."