t h i r t e e n

hi here we go new part! i'm actually tryna update more this weekend! play the song uwu ^^ thank you for 7k reads u cuties ily all <3
and, ¡feliz día de los muertos!

Your POV

It was Thursday. One day since my father's accident, I didn't go to school today. I couldn't, I just wanted to stay by my father's side and be there for my mom who was not doing too well. I wasn't doing well either, we were both devastated, but of course we had each other.

I fell asleep with my mom on the uncomfortable hospital couch late-late Wednesday night and it was about noon Thursday when I woke up. My mom was already up sitting, and staring at my father, in a coma in his hospital bed. I'm not going to lie, it was super depressing watching him lay there, not moving but alive.

About an hour later, a doctor and nurse cane in to check his vitals.

"Everything seems to be in shape," said the nurse and he left.

The doctor turned to my mom and I.

"So, as you can tell, he is still very much in a coma, there's no signs of anything abnormal at the moment. But his injuries were quite bad. Due to this, we presume for him to be in the coma for another 2-4 weeks. I know that is a long time, but it is for the best," she said, "If you have any questions, let me know."

My mom started talking but I didn't really listen. 2-4 weeks. That's over 14 days possible 28. A whole month possibly. When I heard the doctor say that, I just sat staring at my father, eyes frozen in place and not moving.

skip to thursday night

The rest of the day I did nothing but watch my dad and just think. What if the crash could've been prevented somehow? He wouldn't be laying here in a coma and we would probably be having a nice family dinner at home right now. He would've gotten safely back from his trip and be okay. I couldn't eat at all. I felt sick thinking about all of this, I was nervous. What if something bad happened while in the coma? What if he didn't wake up?

Tears started running down my face in this moment. My mom noticed.

"Y/n what's wrong?"

"What if he doesn't wake up again?" I asked slowly.

"He will y/n, he will. He is alive and that's what matters right now. He will be fine." My mom walked out of the room.

At 8 o'clock I laid down on that uncomfortable hospital couch again and turned on the small television in the room. The Food Network was on, how ironic is that? I couldn't eat because I felt sick, but I'm watching food be made. My mom came back a little while later and joined me watching Chopped.

"So, you know we can't stay in this room forever, I think I am going to go back to work tomorrow probably just half a day. I don't expect that you would want to go back to school, this is still a lot to process, for me too. Anyways, I called May and she's going to keep an eye on you, make sure you're ok. You should probably take a shower, change your clothes, and what not. And Peter will be there for you again when he gets home from school," my mom said.

She said a lot, I didn't really listen but I caught the part about her going to work and May taking me in for the day. I could tell it was going to be a long night in this chilly hospital room.

friday morning

"Y/n! Y/n! Wake up! I'm on my way to work, May is outside to drive you round!"

I blinked my eyes a few times, I barely slept last night. I got together the few things I had to head down to the parking lot to meet May.

I walked to my father's bedside, "See you later, dad. You will be okay."

My mom and I walked out of the room and met May outside. They talked for a little bit while I got situated in her car.

"Bye y/n! I will see you later, I love you." I just waved.

May got in the car and asked, "So, how are you? I cant imagine how you must feel."

"I'm just shocked and sad. I wish it didn't happen."

"I know you probably won't want to talk much, but if you need anything, you can talk to me," May replied. I gently smiled, she was too kind.

We drove in silence back to my apartment so I could pack a few things to bring to the Parker's apartment. May said I could shower there. I got my stuff together and headed over there.

——————

When we arrived to the Parker residence, May led me in and said I could take a shower, take a nap, whatever I needed. I was going to take a shower, I didn't in a few days so might as well.

"If you need anything else just let me know y/n," May kindly said. I nodded and walked down the narrow hallway towards the bathroom. When I passed Peter's room, I noticed dirty clothes covering his floor. I smiled and shook my head.

I decided to take a fairly quick shower, not wanting to have those shower thoughts for too long. You know the ones I'm talking about I'm sure. It felt good to clean up and wash my semi oily hair. The smell of the mint shampoo was so fresh and it calmed me down a lot.

After drying off, I pulled on my sweatpants and a tee shirt I got from Rhode Island. I shivered, the apartment was cold. I walked out of the bathroom to see May putting cookies in the oven. She smiled when she saw me.

"Hey, how was your shower? The water was cold was it? Sometimes it just does not heat up! Do you need anything? Want me to braid your hair?" May asked quickly.

"The water was just perfect, thanks. And yeah I would love it if you braided my hair," I smiled, she made me feel so at home, "And if you don't mind, a jacket or sweatshirt? I'm a little cold."

"Oh my gosh of course! I'll get you one of Peter's, trust me, he won't mind," she laughed and quickly brought me Peter's Midtown sweatshirt sitting on the couch. I slipped it on, it smelled just like him.

I sat down on the couch and May came over to do my hair.

"So Peter will be home soon. Time just flew by today! I told him to come right home since you're here and probably won't want to spend all your time with me," she scoffed, "He sounded eager to see you."

"Please, you're too sweet May. I can't thank you enough."

I sat still, May carelessly braiding my hair and tying it at the end with an elastic. I reached back to feel it, it was so smooth. (I love feeling braids they r so cool lol)

Then I started to smell something weird. An almost burnt scent.

"Do you smell something burning?" I asked May.

She looked puzzled then took a whiff of the air, "Oh my gosh! The cookies!" She practically jumped to the kitchen and pulled them out of the oven. I followed suit.

"Well they are a little burnt but I'm sure they are still fine." I chuckled.

May and I decided to sit and watch some tv in the living room while we awaited Peter's arrival home. She turned on Brooklyn 99. I've never seen it before, but it was really funny. (b99 is my favourite show BYE)

After two and a half episodes, Peter barged through the door.

"Y/n!" He ran over to me, "How are you?"

I stood up to face him, "I'm okay I guess. May has been keeping me company and being an absolute angel."

"I'm glad you're doing okay. How's-how's your dad?"

"He's gonna be in a coma for another 2-4 weeks he should be fine though. Can we talk about something else?"

"Oh yeah, yeah, sure." Peter replied. I didn't want to cry while talking about my dad in front of him. I didn't like people seeing me cry.

Peter started to speak, "So um... wait is that my sweatshirt?"

sorry this didn't have much peter x you. i promise next chapter will ;) updating again tmrw most likely ily all!

also!!! send me requests for my oneshots book! either comment here or message me! i will literally write any type of imagines/oneshots i just need ideas lol