t w e l v e

next few are gonna be shorter. i'm going to be in the hospital starting tomorrow for who knows how long ily all <3

warnings: swears, sad shit, mentions of traumatic injuries.
902 words

Peter's POV

Shit. Shit. Shit. How could I let this happen? I was right there. Right there. I should have been paying attention to my surroundings, why didn't my senses kick in more? This is all my fault. Y/n's dad. What am I going to tell her.

I started swinging my way to the hospital to make sure he was okay. I had no idea if he was even alive. On my way, I pulled out my phone and started to call y/n. She answered almost immediately.

"Peter, I- I, uh I can't talk right now. My dad got in a car accident," she said frantically.

"I know I saw I was uhm walking and—" I got cut off by her hanging up.

"Damnit." They would probably be there quick, they lived close to the hospital.

——————

I changed out of my suit when I arrived in the vicinity of the hospital and ran through the emergency room doors.

All I saw was y/n's dad on a gurney turning a corner into what was probably an operating room.

I went over to the front desk with a bad feeling.

"Excuse me is um, what's going on with y/f/n y/l/n? I am a family friend and is his family here yet I'm just worried, I saw the-"

"Sorry, I don't have much information yet and I believe a mother and daughter are somewhere around by the OR window," the receptionist replied.

"Thank you," I said and ran down the hallway around the corner and saw y/n and her mom outside the OR window. They were both in tears.

"Y/n!" I called out.

She turned towards me, eyes filled with tears. I ran to her and she ran to me and we met half way in a tight hug.

"I'm so so sorry. I hope everything will be okay. I'm sorry." Tears started to form in my eyes. I really was sorry, I could have done something. Y/n sobbed heavily on my shirt but I didn't care.

After pulling away from our hug, her mom pulled us both in for a group hug. We stood like that in the hallway for a while, hoping for the best.

——————

Your POV

After a long time of waiting and crying for my father, Peter led us to the waiting room to try to relax. I was glad he was here to comfort my mom and I. We sat in the waiting room chairs, my mom holding my hand, I was squeezing it so tight. My left arm was on the arm rest, tapping my fingers against the plastic. Peter was sitting quietly on my left tapping his foot.

"Y/l/n," a doctor called out. I grabbed Peter's hand and squeezed my mom's tighter, "Please, come this way."

We started to walk and Peter staggered behind, dropping my hand.

"No. Please?" I said.

He nodded and followed, I grabbed back onto his hand. We walked down a hallway and around a different corner than before, and into a smaller hallway. There seemed to be several doors or rooms, and all I could think about was my dad.

We stopped outside of a door and the doctor began to speak.

"So, he is going to be okay, good news." Peter let out a breath and my mom and I sighed in content.

"But, he has suffered severe head injuries and possible brain damage, along with broken ribs and neck. Therefore, we need to place Mr. y/l/n into a medically induced coma to allow the brain to heal without it constantly responding. He's in this room here, you may see him before we transfer him to a different wing."

My mom and I quickly entered the small room. There laid my father, bruised and cut, unconscious and just there. But alive. I was so grateful he was alive, even in a coma. He would be okay. I regret getting mad at him for going away for work again, but he's alive, that's what matters. My mom sat and cried staring at him.

I walked over to her and patted her shoulders, "It's going to be fine, he's alive, mom."

She smiled and hugged me. I looked back to see Peter in the door way. He gave me a worried smile. My mom reached for my dad's unresponsive hand and I walked to Peter.

"Thank you for being here it meant a lot. I don't know what I would've done with out you, Pete."

"Anytime, I just wanted to make sure you all were okay. And I'm so sorry y/n, really I" I pulled him into a hug to make him shut up.

"I, uh, I should get going. I hope everything turns out fine, and if you need anything, I'll be here."

I smiled and he left.

I looked back to my dad and once again started crying. Yes, he was alive, but it really didn't seem like it. I wanted to hear him say he was okay. It hurt to see him like this. But everything would get better.

We spent the night in the room my dad was moved to, never leaving his side.