t w e n t y s i x

welcome back! let's get right to it.

warnings: ENDGAME SPOILERS, angst, i apologize.

this chapter is short, i'm drawing it out a lot.

Narrators POV

You cried. Michelle cried. Holding onto each other, so afraid. It had only been a few seconds since she had shown up and you knew you wouldn't be leaving her any time soon. That is, until Michelle started to cough and pulled away from you.

"Are you okay?" you sniffled.

She coughed more, "I- I don't know y/n. I feel dizzy all of a sudden."

She fell into you, you trying to hold her up so she could breathe, but she cried. It didn't take her long to realise what was happening.

"It's gonna be ok y/n."

"W-what do you mean— ow," your head began to pang and ears started to ring. You couldn't hear anything now and your vision was getting foggy. With what you could see, you discovered Michelle still leaning against you.

But she was turning to the same familiar dust as your parents just did, from her legs to her torso.

You tried to cry out to her but she was already gone.

You tried to stand but were unsuccessful. You fell back to the floor with confusion and fear running through your brain. You just lost Michelle. You cried and cried. And as you looked down you saw yourself begin to disintegrate. Your eyes welled with tears, bright red, knowing you couldn't do anything but let it happen. Before the rest of you disappeared you were able to whisper one word no one would hear but you,

"Peter."

——————

The Avengers Compound, Upstate New York

"I lost the kid," Tony croaked, pausing for a moment, "and I, I tried to get in contact with his girlfriend like he asked and I uh, she's gone too. He wouldn't stop talking about her."

Pepper reached for Tony's shoulder, silently comforting him.

"Tony, it's gonna be okay, it just didn't work out," Steve added.

Tony got furious, "No, no. We lost. I said we'd lose and you said we'd do that together too."

Steve looked down, remembering his words.

"Well guess what, we lost, so it's not okay. I needed you to be there and you weren't. And because of that, I lost the kid."

——————

"Go back in time, retrieve the stones, undo it...let's do it," Carol firmly stated.

"Just like that?"

"Yeah. Just like that."

Nat looked to the avengers and Carol who she was shoulder to shoulder with and said, "Even if there's a small chance we can do this, we owe it to everyone who's not in the room to try."

"I agree," Carol spoke up, "with Nat."

"We're gonna need Tony."

——————

5 years later

"So it's been five years," Tony spoke into the camera updating, "and we haven't found anything yet besides some time heist idea they cannot seem to figure out."

"Dad! Look!"

Tony turned to see little Morgan holding the picture frame he knew all too well. The one he hasn't looked at in years.

"Where'd you get that Morgs?"

"I just found it in a closet!"

She held up the picture. The picture of him and Peter. Tony held the frame in his hands, eyes flossing over.

And that's all it took. That one picture of someone he loves and lost, that gave him the motivation to get Peter back, to get them all back.

Tony worked night and day trying to find the right times that would work and building the proper equipment that would work.

"Shit!"

"Shit?"

"No no no don't say that, don't tell your mother!"

Morgan giggled, "What'd you find?"

"Time travel," Tony bluntly exclaimed.

"Shit," Morgan replied, and Tony just smiled at her.

the next morning

Tony drove up to the compound with his supplies and his mind, willing to work with Steve if it meant he could save everyone.

"Lemme guess he turned into a baby."

Steve sighed.

"Anyways, not to brag or anything but I created a fully functioning time space GPS."

"Alright. So are we gonna do this?"

"Yeah, and maybe not die trying in the process?" Tony laughed. Steve nodded.

"Oh and one last thing," Tony said as he popped his trunk, "this is for you."

Steve took the red, white, and blue glistening shield from Tony's hands.

"Tony...I don't know-"

"Made it for you," he said, cutting off Steve.

And Steve took the shield, walking back into the compound with Tony at his side just as he should have all those years ago. But now they had a chance.

"Let's do this."