f o u r

Peter's POV

After y/n left, I ran to my room and put my suit on. I told May I was working on homework and not to bother me. I just wanted to check on y/n because it was dark, late and I want her to be safe. That's all.

I swung out my window quietly, hopped on top a building and spotted y/n, already a few blocks away. She was on her phone, looked like she was texting someone, probably Dylan. I sighed and sat on the corner of an apartment building watching her walk down the sidewalk.

I quickly turned my head in the direction of voices.

"What's a pretty lady like you doing put this late?" I heard a man ask. Y/n. I jumped off the building and ran towards her. I saw her back into an alley followed by two men.

"Please, just leave me alone," Y/n called out and reached in her bag for something.

"Yeah, I don't think we are gonna do that..." one of the men trailed off.

This was it. I jumped into the alley just as screams erupted from both the men and y/n.

"Woah woah woah! What's going on here guys?" I yelled. The men had their eyes squinted closed and were grunting in what seemed like pain whilst y/n turned to me and screamed again.

I took the chance to quickly web the two goons to the brick apartment building in the alley. I slowly turned back to y/n who held a bottle of pepper spray out in front of her. It made sense, she sprayed the men in the eyes with her pepper spray. Huh. I grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the alley, away from the men.

"W-what, Spider-man? You scared me for a second, I- I was just walking- sorry."

"Don't be sorry, I was just helping you out!"

She put the spray back in her bag and said, "O-oh yeah I got them with the pepper spray though, you didn't have to help," she chuckled.

"No, no! It was my pleasure. Are you okay? How about we get you home," I asked.

She nodded and I started walking with her.

"Thank you for helping though, I was, in all honesty, a bit scared," she smiled.

"Yeah no problem."

I hoped she didn't recognize my voice. We turned a corner where the entrance to her building was and I saw Dylan out front, probably waiting for her.

"I gotta go! Stay safe," I quickly said and swung away before Dylan could notice me or before y/n could say anything.

Your POV

"I gotta go! Stay safe," was the last thing I heard from Spider-man before he swung away from me. That whole situation freaked me out, but I was glad I carried around pepper spray to protect myself.

Dylan walked over to me and said, "Hey y/n, what took you so long?"

"I-I was just.." I stuttered, not knowing what to say.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes," I replied.

His phone buzzed, looked at it then said, "Okay, well it's late so I'm going to get going. See you tomorrow y/n."

And just like that he walked away. I don't even know why he came to my apartment. I figured we would hang out, but he left. He has been acting weird the past few weeks. He was showing off a lot when him, Cass and I went for a run. And he hasn't been talking to me as much as he used to. Whatever, he's probably just tired or something.

I walked into my building and headed into the elevator. I thought about Spider-man. I saw him twice today. Weird, right? The elevator dinged and I walked to my front door. After struggling with my key, I walked to my room and plopped on my bed. Then I got a text.

Peter Parker
Hey, did you get home okay?

You
yup, all good

I decided not to tell Peter about the little incident I had, he was always the type to worry, and I didn't want him to worry.

After I took a shower, I got ready for bed and got under the warm covers. I thought about what this new school year would bring as I drifted to sleep.

A/N: short chapter sorry about that! I was on vacation and didn't have time to write anything. I was literally surfing sunrise to sunset. but i am home now so i will update again sometime this week! and don't worry dylan isn't going to last long ;)