t h r e e

Your POV
"Hey."

"Hey! Come on in!"

I smiled and entered the familiar apartment that was the Parker's. We stood in the hallway for a few moments before Peter's aunt May walked over.

"Y/n? Is that you? You've grown up so much! It's so good to see you again," May said, "it's been too long!"

"Yup it's me," I replied and May walked over to give me a big hug.

"Well I'm working on dinner if you would like to stay. Anyways, you kids get done whatever you need to do!"

"Sure," I smiled.

"So...shall we go to my room to work on the assignment?" Peter asked.

"Yeah."

I walked into Peter's room looking around at his things. His bunk bed, which we had countless sleepovers on, his Star Wars posters, movies, books, it made me smile. He was still the boy I grew up with. He didn't really change besides his looks, which made me think about how I changed.

Peter noticed me looking around.

"Oh uh, sorry. It's just been awhile," I said. He nodded his head and I noticed the emotion in his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah it has."

——————

Peter's POV

We started on the chemistry assignment, researching our element and typing information up. Y/n sat at my desk, while I sat on my bed. She searched for information and facts and I typed it up. We didn't really talk besides exchanging the facts. We saved the easy facts for last.

"Neon's atomic number is 10 and atomic mass is 20.17," Y/n said.

I typed it on the document then May called us for dinner. I needed a break and I wanted to talk about something other than neon. I silently thanked May.

Y/n and I walked out of my room to the dining table and I led her to a chair. She smiled. Her smile was beautiful.

We had pasta, left over from the night before, that May had made. It wasn't too bad if I do say so.

"So, Y/n, how was the first day of school," May asked.

"Alright, as good as school gets of course," Y/n replied. May and Y/n talked about school, her parents and life while I listened.

"My mom is doing well and my dad is in London at the moment for business, you know he travels a lot. And uh, I'm glad Peter and I got paired up for this project. I missed him, it's good to have a friend back."

I perked up when she said my name and could feel my cheeks heating up. I smiled and started playing with my food.

May started telling a story, "I remember when you and Peter were little, you two would always pinky promise each other about anything. Like that one time you went to visit your grandparents in Rhode Island Peter made you pinky promise you wouldn't stay there forever! I thought that was adorable!"
Y/n and I chuckled while May told more stories.

Once we finished eating, Y/n helped clean up and we went back to my room. We sat down and I expected us to get back to our project but Y/n started talking. Which I didn't mind at all.

"Your aunt is so sweet, Peter. She's still so funny and enthusiastic since the first time I met her. Even through everything she has been through."

"Yeah she really is. Except for all the embarrassing stories she tells," I laugh.

"They are not embarrassing! They're cute."

I smiled up at her from my bed as she turned back to her laptop. Cute. The stories were cute. I was part of the stories, so did that mean she called me cute? Okay Peter take it down 5 notches.

[time skip]

"And we are done," I said.

"Look at us, finishing an assignment right away," Y/n exclaimed.

Her phone buzzed a few times before she picked it up. She read over what I assumed to be text messages.

"Gosh, Dylan texted me asking me what I'm doing like 100 times. And my mom wants me home."

I wished she could stay longer but I knew she had to go.

"O-okay yeah no problem. We finished anyways," I replied, mentally face palming because I stated the obvious.

She started packing up her things and I jumped up from my bed to help her. I picked up some of her note sheets and handed them to her, our fingers brushing. My heart beat picked up at this little interaction. I really had to pull myself together.
Y/n zipped her bag.

"Well, Peter, thanks for having me over, we worked well," Y/n said.

"Yeah. I'll walk you to the door."

May was in the kitchen and called out, "Bye Y/n! It was nice seeing you again, come back anytime! Are you sure you don't want a ride?"

"Yeah I'm fine thank you, only a few blocks away," she answered.

I opened the front door for her and I wanted to do something, not just be like 'bye Y/n see you at school.' A hug? No, no Peter, that's coming on too strong. Then I thought of something perfect as she turned to walk out.

"Y/n, wait," I called out.

She turned back to me, "Yeah?"

I lifted my arm, pointing my pinky out. She chuckled at this action and lifted hers as well.

"Friends?" I asked as I latched our pinkies together.

"Friends."

We stood there for a second smiling at each other. Then I looked at our pinkies, still connected, and let go.

"Bye Peter, I'll talk to you soon."

"Bye Y/n."

——————

I know, I know, I was supposed to have this part up awhile ago. I've just been hella busy, packing for vacation and seeing distant family and traveling, I've barely had time to sit down! Anyways hope y'all enjoyed this part. I will try to update better!