t w e n t y e i g h t

warnings: fluff, angst, ENDGAME SPOILERS, smooches

Queens, New York

Coughing. Intense coughing was the first thing you heard after your sudden black out. But it wasn't just any black out. It was a five year black out that seemed like a second. But you didn't know that. Your eyes shot open and you jumped up from the floor, scared as ever, breathing heavily. The coughing came from the curly haired girl sitting on the ground in front of you: Michelle.

You tackled her with out thinking, holding onto the first familiar face you saw.

"I'm so glad your okay MJ. What happened?"

"I'm glad your okay too y/n. I was so scared, I didn't wanna leave you I-"

"It's okay, we're together now," you whispered, just hugging her as tightly as possible while tears fell from both your eyes. It was hard to even imagine what just happened.

Then you heard yet another familiar voice.

"You okay love?"

Your father.

"Please I'm fine what about you?!"

Your mother.

Your eyes went wide and MJ whispered, "Go," in your ear.

You jumped up running into the hallway of your apartment building you were moments ago, well five years ago.

"Mom! Dad!" you yelled from the doorway seeing them a few feet away.

"Y/n!"

You ran to them. Hearing your dad say your name after so long and so much pain, it was heart wrenching. All three of you let tears flow as you all embraced in a group hug. Your parents left kisses on your head, so happy to know you were okay and vice verse.

Michelle watched in awe from the doorway, which you noticed.

"MJ, get in here!"

She ran into the group hug and you immediately included her. She kissed your head as well. Thankful she didn't lose her new best friend. Her best girl.

After some emotional conversation and reuniting Michelle went to go find her mom and your family headed into your apartment to find out what had happened.

"Be safe okay, call me when you find your mom and get home so I know you're okay," you said whilst holding her hands.

"I will, I promise."

———————

It didn't take long for you, along with everyone else in the world, to figure out from the Avengers that a big purple threat called Thanos did this and that five years had passed since everyone came back from the 'snap,' as they called it.

"Five years. Oh my god. So it's 2023. I should be in university by now," you gasped.

It had been about 20 minutes since Michelle left, and let you know she was okay. And there was a certain boy looking for you, hoping you were okay. He also secretly hoped you weren't five years older than him.