XIII.

In my calendar, it was already January of year 2016.

Almost a year has passed since the day I last saw her. And yes, I learned to keep track of time now. It has been so long since I got used to doing different things besides going to school everyday.

I got accelerated in school that's why I skipped junior highschool. Now I'm off to my last year before I go to college. I can't wait to get out of this place and have a fresh start.

About the curse, I'm not sure what happened. Maybe time has taken pity on me and regretted giving me that punishment over her death. There were still a lot of questions lingering in my mind.

And the unknown texter was still sending messages—random poetry to be exact. I blocked the number multiple times already but it just keeps coming back.

From: Unknown

Stop running away from the truth.

I slipped my phone inside my pocket and went outside to my bike. It held a lot of memories with her riding on the back but I decided to forget all about it. After all, I was too lazy to even sell it.

The sky seemed to look down on me today, telling me why I still haven't accepted her apology for lying to me. It's not easy, opening up to someone who literally stole precious time from you.

I parked my bike in a parking slot and walked briskly towards my classroom. Plugging in my earphones, I sighed about going through a long day.

=============================

I went to the basketball court after school.

My feet brought me here, I don't know. I stared at the basketball ring and tried to think of other things besides the kiss we shared here.

So why am I still here anyway?

I held the ball in my hand, taking a deep breath before shooting it effortlessly in the ring.

But when the ball went in, it stopped midway. It didn't fall back down on the ground.

What the heck?

I looked around me, noticing that everything gradually stopped. The cars, the people, and even the birds flying in the sky have seemed to freeze. And there in the middle of the basketball court, I saw her standing there.

"Why won't you listen to me?" She whispered.

She was there again, looking at me with apologetic eyes. She wasn't wearing her school uniform anymore like she used to. Her pastel pink dress hung on her figure so perfectly I would have hugged her right there and then. But I was still angry. I still felt the pain she caused me by lying about not remembering anything.

"Stop. You're not real." I told her coldly but she walked closer to me, now just a few feet away.

"You don't know anything yet, Suga. Please think harder. You won't get out of this hell hole if you don't." She sadly smiled, wanting to say more but something's preventing her from doing so.

"Then tell me what I don't know!" I yelled at her, making her flinch.

She shook her head, "I can't."

I tried to hold both of her arms but my hands just merely passed through her. Like a hologram.

A tear escaped from her eye, "I'm sorry for everything, Yoongi. But the only way I can help you realize is to lie. After all, you always had the key. You just have to grasp it."

I started to tremble in fear. She was disappearing for real this time.

"If I suddenly disappeared, what would you do?" her figure slowly fades into nothing, leaving me alone.

She left.

She left me with many questions in my head, not giving me any hints.

But what struck me the most was the last thing she said.

I suddenly ran out of the court. I didn't care if I crossed the road while the pedestrian light was still red or the glares of people in the streets when I bumped into them. I didn't give a shit.

I only wanted answers.

My breath was ragged when I arrived. I haven't ran that fast in so long.

The last time I went here was the day I described her as a person in front of many people. I described her as the girl who caught my heart without any effort. She was my light in my darkest days.

But she wasn't there when I looked down.

On the tombstone, there was no name.

The only thing engraved on it were the words:

Whose name you have forgotten.

She was right.

This whole time, I didn't know her name.