XXIII.

I sighed with a heavy heart.

Her letter ended that way. It felt like she was trying to save me from something.

I don't know.

Just a gut feeling.

"Deep breaths. Inhale, exhale." Jin showed a breathing exercise as if I was losing my breath.

"Fucking stop. I'm calm." I told him, wiping my now dry face.

I cried.

Yeah, embarrassing I know. Jin witnessed me breaking down when I was done reading her letter.

She loves me.

It means she has loved me back all this time. My feelings were not one-sided after all.

"Actually, that was also the reason why I went to your house when you were getting drunk by yourself." He said and I listened to him intently. "She also wrote a letter to me, saying I should go here at the exact date she indicated. It was like she could see all these happening."

My mouth hang slightly open of what I heard from him. Did she really see all this happening?

Was she some type of prophet protecting me from someone or something?

Fuck, I don't know anymore.

"I..." Letting out a breath, I continued. "I wish she was here to explain things."

Jin's eyes glistened with tears, missing his sister probably. He squeezed my hand in comfort. "Yeah, same here."

"She's so unfair." I said.

"I know."

"I hate her for leaving me clueless."

"I know."

"But I love her so, so much." My voice cracked.

He smiled bitterly, "Me too."

She could have told what she's thinking. How dare she leave me hanging onto her.

I could have forgotten about her when she died.

I shouldn't have let her get so close to me.

I should have ignored her in the first place even when she was annoying me.

How I wish things could be so different between us...

...if I haven't met someone like her in my life.

==============================

If you guys are wondering from short chapters and some even shorter ones, I really planned it to be that way lol.

I don't want to write a thousand words in one chapter because: it's tiring; my story does not have an outline so it's impromptu; and it keeps you hanging of course 😏😏😏

Thank you for reading, loves! 💕💕❤