XXVI.

"I love you."

There was silence between us.

She didn't reply to my confession.

I caressed her in my arms as if she was a precious jewel. Her breathing finally calmed down but our hearts are still beating for each other.

If she was not really dead.

"Will you stay then? You'd help me figure everything out?"

She didn't reply.

"Will you tell me your name then?" I asked again, feeling her freeze in my embrace.

"I..I can't." She whispered.

I was furious in the back of my head but I decided against forcing her to tell me her name.

"Your brother misses you badly." I started, caressing her back as gently as I could, afraid that I could break her.

"Where is he?"

"Working."

"Okay."

I chuckled slightly as I earned a confused look from her, pulling away from my hug, "What's so funny, Yoongi?"

"Funny how this curse of a loop separates us then brings us back together again. I won't even be surprised if you suddenly disappear without warning."

Guilt and pain flashed through her brown eyes that I missed looking at. She bit her bottom lip and nodded her head, "Y..Yeah. I guess so."

She utterly had no idea what was going on around her like a lost puppy. Even I was concerned why she was acting this way around me and how she accused me of leaving her when she was the one who did that to me.

"Come with me. Let's look at the pictures you're talking about so we could finally figure everything out." I tugged at her hand but she suddenly freaked out.

"NO!" She yelled, taking her hand away from mine.

"Why? What's wrong?" I held both of shoulders but she shrieked off once more.

Her face was etched with worry and fear. It had a lot of emotions in one go that I could not read her anymore. She was not as an open book as she was before.

"Y..You should see them alone. I c..can't." She quivered while hugging herself.

"I don't understand..?" I asked. "I don't understand why you can't be with me when we fix this together. I thought you would help me.."

"YOU!" She pointed at me. "You're the one who does not understand, Min Yoongi! I've always tried to make you happy and yet..."

My anger burst out of my body finally shouting back, "Now you're the one who's complaining, yeah?! I should be the one doing all that shit when you disappeared everyday,  living my life a complete fucking mess! Do you have any idea how difficult it was for me to contain my feelings when the next fucking day, everything just fucking repeats?!"

Her eyes widened at my outburst, cupping her mouth in bewilderment and cried back, "It's because you don't understand yet! I've been waiting for a long time for you to solve everything. Even the hints dropped at my tomb stone and the letter I left before I..I..." She did not finish her sentence.

"J..Just go, Yoongi." The girl had wiped her tears with the back of her hand and turned away.

I laughed bitterly, "So you're leaving me again? Hah, that's what you're  always good at anyway."

I did not even take a second glance at her before walking back home to go to my bedroom and see the box of pictures she has left for me.

At that moment, I doubted myself if I really knew the girl that I spent the whole time in this curse.

It felt like she's a completely different person from before.