🔥Ten🔥

Song: Cold- Maroon 5 ft. Future

The kiss. I couldn't get it off my mind, no matter how hard I tried. His lips were so soft, and they seemed as if they were shaped to fit perfectly with mine. It consumed my thoughts, and I couldn't get the kiss out of my mind for nothing. I wanted to know what it felt like again. I wanted to feel everything again. Now, don't get me wrong; I was most definitely not in love, or even liked Theo, but he was a great kisser. I would give him that.

When I went to training after the fight between Theo and I, the anger was dripping off of him. It wrapped around me like a blanket, and I knew I was in trouble as I slowly tiptoed into the gym, hoping he wouldn't notice me. Theo had on a pair of basketball shorts, a thin black jacket that wasn't zipped, exposing his well-defined six-pack. The way the hood of his jacket laid on his disheveled brown hair was enough to make my hormones go through the rough.

Curse my teenage mind.

He had headphones in his ears as he punched a punching bag, which I knew for sure wasn't there any other time I trained. His outfit was drool worthy compared to mine. I was clad in a pair of black sweatpants that hugged my hips, and a loose blue t-shirt. I knew what he was doing, too. Theo was trying to distract me to show how much "authority" he had as a leader. Two could play that game, and I didn't plan on losing. I was always up for a good challenge.

"You have a long twelve hours, so I suggest you stop staring and get started, newborn." He muttered, and I rolled my eyes. Theo wouldn't call me anything-- not even princess. It was just newborn, because his stubborn self couldn't handle a fact. Theo literally downgraded me.

"Don't you have to spot me?"

He rolled his eyes. "No, I don't. You're a big girl. You can handle yourself-- unless your weight falters and the bars kill you."

Did he really make fun of my weight?

... And wish for my death?

"Whatever. By the way, you might want to work out more. Your abs seem to be loosening."

"Don't be jealous of what you can't have."

I bitterly laughed, picking up the bar, and started my squats. "As if I would want you, a sadistic vampire who cries because someone walked out on him when he was sensitive. Big whoop, Life goes on."

Theo stopped punching the bag. He clenched his fists, staring at himself in the mirror.

"Watch your mouth, newborn." He growled, and I rolled my eyes.

"Anything for you, master." Theo pulled up his hood, stormed out of the gym, and slammed the door so hard, it rattled the whole house. He didn't return until I finished my final lap around the track.

"Go to the rope."

"You know I can't climb the rope."

He shrugged his shoulders. "Don't care. You have six hours to learn."

"I don't have to." I defied. Theo pulled out a pocket knife, and in one swift motion, he had my pinky finger a little too close to the knife. I glanced up at him, shock written all over my face.

"Tempt me, Melody." I glanced from him to the knife, and jerked my hand out of his. Walking over to the rope, I let out an irritated sigh. "We don't have all day."

I glared at him and hissed, "Chill. You live forever, we have time."

I clamped my hands around the rope and took a deep breath. Hopping onto the rope, my thighs burned from the rough material. Slowly, I climbed to the top, repeating in my mind that I could reach the top.

Pathetic.

I hopped off the rope and faced him, frustration building in me.

"If I'm so pathetic, then you do it, Mr. I'm-so-perfect-at-everything!" I yelled, and Theo crossed his arms over his chest, causing his bare muscles to bulge. Dammit, hormones, not when I'm trying to be intimidating!

"It's not my training, it's yours. Now climb." It took me an hour to fully climb the rope, and when I finally reached the top, I let out a yell of excitement. That was one thing I never wanted to do again. "For the rest of your training, balance on the beams. There will be an obstacle each time you level up."

"Why would I balance on beams in the ceiling?" I asked, and he rolled his eyes.

"Vampires need good balance. Go."

I crossed my arms over my chest, blowing my hair out of my face. "Did you make Willow train like this? Were you rude to her like you are to me?"

His eyes turned red, narrowing into slits. If he wanted to make me mad, I would fight fire with fire. We were definitely not friends, so I didn't have to be nice.

"Willow didn't need training. Unlike you, she knew how to be athletic, which you can't because you're too lazy and widely incapable. And unlike you, I didn't have to yell at her. She listened to everything I said."

"Yeah, especially your booty calls." I mumbled, and he growled. Yes, the man literally growled. I knew he was going to attack me, so I flew up to the beams. Tilting my head over the side, I saw Theo glaring up at me with red eyes, so I pulled the stupidest stunt I would ever pull in my whole life.

I stuck out my tongue at him.

Within two seconds, he was up on the beams. His eyes grew darker, and he hissed at me, flashing his fangs. My fangs slid out through my gums, and I mimicked his move. We stood about ten feet from each other, but the tension in the room was enough to make it feel small. He started to stalk towards me, and when he finally came at me full speed, I front flipped over his head.

Thank you, gymnastics.

His face morphed to shock before it transformed back to anger. Theo charged at me again, and I easily sped past him, flipped over an obstacle, and smirked at him.

Shoutout to soccer.

We continued the beam training for hours, and I thought Theo was secretly impressed. The more I could do, the more he would notch up the difficulty. Even though he wanted to murder me-- no doubt about that-- he was having way too much fun seeing what I could do.

Exhaustion began to creep through every part of my body, and I knew I had to end it. So, when Theo stopped for a second, I charged at him full speed, right into his rock hard abdomen, and the

two of us slammed into the floor of the gym. I held his arms down, and he stared up at me with the same expression he had for the past hour: shock and amazement.

I smirked at him before leaning in closer and whispering, "Doubt me again, vampire boy." 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hey, loves!

I totally forgot I post two chapters a day which is why this one is being posted so late LOL

How did y'all feel about the training? Theo's attitude? The last line!?

Teaser: Melody develops a plan that has a... memorable ending.

Make sure to comment, vote, and spread the word!

Thanks for reading!

Much love,

-Abby