🔥Thirty-Eight🔥

Song: Dreaming With A Broken Heart- John Mayer

"T-Theo?" I stuttered, pressing my ear against his chest to listen for his heartbeat, but there was no sound. There was no beat. Everything was silent.

He was gone.

"Theo!" I screamed, sobs pouring out of my mouth, and Maggie stared at Theo with tears in her eyes. Theo's bedroom door slammed open, and Tobias and Hazel ran in.

"What happened!?" I wrapped my arms around Theo's neck, sobbing into his chest.

"Tobias... His... His h-heart stopped b-beating." Maggie stuttered, still staring in complete shock at Theo. Hazel let out a sob, throwing her hand over her mouth as she fell to the ground. Nobody moved, and all that was heard were the cries of Hazel and I, while there was an overwhelming silence between Tobias and Maggie.

I sobbed harder with every second, until Tobias grabbed me around the waist and pried me off of Theo. I kicked, screamed, and I even hit Tobias, but he wouldn't let go of me.

"Let me go, Tobias! Let me be with him!" I screamed, but his grip on me only tightened.

"He's gone, Melody! There's nothing you can do about it!" He screamed back, and I kept fighting until Tobias finally put me down, but he didn't let go of me. I sobbed and sobbed, letting out all the pain.

"I can't live without him, Tobias. I love him."

Tobias pulled me into his chest, and I sobbed harder. Tobias's eyes grew watery. "I know, Mel. I'm so sorry."

Tobias held me as I cried, while Maggie hugged Hazel as she sobbed. Maggie was at a loss for words. We knew she was hurting-- maybe even devastated-- but she didn't cry. I didn't think she could will herself to. With all of that going on, the only thing running through my mind was why? Why did he let go? Why did his heart stop beating? He promised he would fight. I needed him to fight. But most of all, why did he leave me there all alone, when he was the only reason I kept breathing every day?

Once all the cry was out of us, Tobias called the rest of the pack, and we tried to figure out what to do with him. Someone suggested we throw him in the river, and I almost murdered them for it, but then Tobias came up with an idea.

"Why don't we put him with the rest of the family downstairs? That way he won't be in the river," He glared at Brett, "And so we can see him anytime we want. Is that agreeable with everybody?"

Low murmurs floated around the room, and soon enough, we all agreed with his idea. Tobias, Brett, and Damon picked up Theo, and the rest of us followed them down to the basement. We walked all the way down a hall until we reached a red door at the end, and Tobias opened the door. When we walked in, the first thing I noticed was the red walls, and there was a mural of a little town painted on one wall, and the other wall had lights that shined up on the ceiling. The next thing I noticed was the six caskets in the room.

"Why are there six caskets?" I asked, and Maggie glanced over at me.

"When a vampire dies, they are buried with their family. Two of these are our mom and dad, and the rest will be for me, Hazel, Tobias, and Theo." I nodded slowly, taking everything in. It still shocked me that Theo was gone. Just an hour before, I was inside our minds with him, and he was okay. He was alive. Yes, he was in a coma, but he wasn't dead. It killed me knowing I would never see him again.

As Tobias and Damon placed Theo in his casket, a million hot tears cascaded down my face. It was extremely hard and devastating to watch the love of your life be lowered into a casket, and I finally understood what dad went through when mom died.