🔥Forty-Six🔥

Song: Over and Out- 5 Seconds of Summer

The night before had been the absolute worst night of my life. Those three words kept ringing in my head like a broken record, and no matter what I did, I couldn't tune them out.

"We are done."

I don't think I could ever stop crying either. Even after I flashed into my room, all I could do was fall to my knees and sob my heart out. I knew he could hear me, but I also knew he couldn't care less.

"I could never love a murderer like you."

Those were the other words that filled my mind, and the more they replayed, the more I cried. I could guarantee I cried the whole night, because when the sun began to rise, I was still sniffling from all the tears. I stared at my ceiling, wondering how it was possible to be in so much pain and still breathe. I connected to a part of him others could never feel. I saw a part of his soul no one else was ever allowed to see, and for those moments, I felt him like the beat of my own heart. I felt like I was calling for him, holding out my hands and letting my face become wet with untold tears, reaching for something that was too far away from my grasp anymore. My lungs struggled for breath against ribs of stone, and my heart squeezed, trying to place the pieces it had left back together, but not being able to make them fit how they used to. Before Theo, my heart was soft; with him, strong and vibrant. Once he left, it was simply and utterly broken.

I slowly stood and walked into my bathroom, and when I saw my reflection in the mirror, my heart broke even more-- if that was even possible. My eyes were puffy from crying all night, and my cheeks were covered in black thanks to my mascara and eyeliner. My lips were chapped from biting them so much, but the thing that bothered me most was my eyes. They held a deep sadness in them, and if I looked a little closer, I could see all the depression in the world lying deep within. I let out a sigh as I hopped in the shower and tried to relax, but with the pain I felt, nothing could make me feel better. I was exhausted, empty, numb, and broken. It was the worst combination you could ever be.

After I dried off and changed into some new clothes, I braided my hair, applied some makeup so I didn't look dead (more than I already was as an immortal), and started to walk out of my room-- until I heard Hazel yelling in Theo's room through the wall. I tiptoed towards the wall and leaned against it, concentrating so I could hear every little thing being said.

"She is hysterical, Theo! Can't you just forgive her!?" Hazel pleaded, and Theo bitterly laughed.

"Will forgiving her bring mom and dad back!? No, it won't!"

Even though he was angry, I could hear the hurt in his voice. I knew deep down, it killed Theo as much as it killed me. Some things you couldn't forget-- the way you loved a person, especially. I knew how he felt, his facial expressions, and all of his emotions. I knew his opinions and his likes and dislikes. It was hard to forget those things when someone became your everything. The bad part about Theo, was he could hide his feelings as well as an assassin could hide a body. If he was really mad, he would completely shut down and turn as cold as Alaska. I knew that was what he was doing. He felt so much anger, but more betrayal than ever, so he shut down. More than anything, I wish I could bring his parents back. I wish I could take away his pain, but Blake had to ruin everything.

Hazel let out an irritated sigh. "She was under compulsion! Plus, she was only thirteen, Theo! She had no idea what she was doing!"

"I don't care how old she was. She killed our parents!" He screamed, and then I heard him take a couple deep breaths, as if to keep him from doing something he would regret. "How can you forgive her!?"

For a couple seconds, everything was silent. All I could hear was Theo's heavy breathing, and my heart breaking more. Hazel took a deep breath, and then I heard her footsteps pacing the room.