🔥Twenty-Three🔥

Song: Please Don't Go- Joel Adams 

"Come on, Mel! We have to get out of here!" Hazel screamed, grabbing my arm and running.

"No, Hazel! I have to get Theo! I can't leave without him!"

Hazel continued to pull me, but I continued to fight. She finally gained enough strength to yank me away from my spot, and she dragged me through the woods until I stumbled and fell. Instead of standing back up, I broke down crying. He could be getting hurt. He could be killed, and it would be all my fault.

"Please don't cry, princess. I'm right here." I glanced up to see him staring down at me, and then he picked me up, holding me in his arms. Sobbing into his shirt, he held me tightly.

"Please don't leave me, Theo. We have to go home."

"I'm sorry, baby. I can't go with you." I sobbed more, and he sadly smiled at me, holding me as close as he could. "Look, princess, when we hear them, I need you to run. Run all the way home and don't stop."

"What about you? Aren't you coming with me?" Theo hesitated, but then his sad smile returned.

"I'll be home soon. I promise."

"No!" I yelled, tears cascading down my face. "I won't leave without you."

He sighed, caressing my cheek. "Princess, you have to. Listen to me."

"Theo, what happens if I run and you get hurt, or even killed? I-I couldn't live with myself." I sobbed once again, staring into his glassy brown eyes. "Please come home with me."

Instead of answering, he kissed me passionately, but the kiss only broke my heart more because I knew it might be the last. It felt like goodbye. The thought of losing Theo was enough to make me want to cry even more. If I lost him, I would lose myself. It would be like losing my other half, or even half of my own heart. I couldn't survive without Theo.

We pulled away, and he stared into my eyes. "I'll be okay, princess. Just run, and I will--"

"We can see you, Theo!" A deep voice roared from behind him, and he pushed me away, fear growing in his eyes.

"Go, Melody. Run!"

Hazel grabbed my arm, and we sped away. I continued to cry, which was painful considering my speed was like lightning and my tears felt like thorns pricking my skin, until finally, Hazel and I reached the cabin where Theo and I stayed. We quickly packed our bags, and after we sealed them up, Hazel and I walked out to Theo's car. I hopped in the passenger's side while she hopped in the driver's side, and we zoomed away from the cabin and Theo. The whole ride home, I saw flashes of him getting hurt, or him hollering for me. I saw him fighting people, and the flashes killed me. I couldn't do anything, but I could always try.

Hazel and I finally reached Noctis around three in the morning. All the lighters were on, and two guards in all black stood outside the front door. They had guns in their hand, and I knew they were filled with wooden bullets. Hazel and I walked past them and through the front door. Tobias was pacing the floor, and when he saw us, he ran over and wrapped us in a bear hug.

"I was so worried about you guys!" He exclaimed, and we pulled away, trying to regain our breath. His eyebrows crinkled in confusion. "Where's Theo?"

"Someone took him." I stuttered while Hazel looked to the ground, and tears filled my eyes. Tobias's eyes snapped to mine. "I... I... I wanted to-- I tried--"

"Bloodbound took him. Those bastards had vampires everywhere." Hazel growled, and Tobias's jaw ticked before he stormed into the kitchen. Hazel and I followed, and the whole pack was sitting at the table.