🔥Twenty-One🔥

Song: Demons- Imagine Dragons

It took about two hours to reach the next hotel. This hotel was one story, and it wrapped around a road. Theo parked behind the room on the very end, throwing the invisibility cloak over his car. I tried to get out by myself, but my chest ached with pain. I struggled, but Theo decided he was going to pick me up bridal style and carry me in. He laid me on the bed before walking towards the door, and when he came in, he sat our bags on the couch and glanced at me.

"I have to call Tobias, so I'll be right outside the door. Are you okay?" He asked, his voice laced with worry, and I nodded, lying down, rolling away from him. He sighed before I heard the door close. When he walked back in, he locked the door and walked over to his bag, grabbing new clothes, and then walked into the bathroom, never sparing me a glance. I heard the water run for about ten minutes (yes, I counted. That's how bored I was.), and then it shut off. The door opened, and he walked out in a pair of black sweatpants. He laid on the bed beside me, but I never rolled his way. I knew if I looked at him, all I would be able to remember was how he hurt me to find Willow, and that killed me. "Princess..."

He wrapped his arm around my waist, and I ignored him, my eyes filling with tears. "Princess, please talk to me."

I finally mustered up the courage to roll his way, but he was blurry from the tears in my eyes.

"You betrayed me, Theo. You were willing to hurt me if it meant... If it meant you got Willow back. That hurt me." A single tear escaped my eye, and he used his thumb to wipe it away. His eyes were filled with regret, and it broke my heart.

"I know, princess. I'm sorry."

"All you do is say sorry."

He chuckled as he wiped away more tears before he pulled me closer as gently as possible. "I know, but it's because I really am. I make a lot of mistakes, princess. Especially with you, and I hate myself for them. This mind control thing... the power it has is insane. It's like someone takes over your body, and no matter how hard you try to fight it, there's no way of breaking away until you do the thing it commanded. I tried to fight it, but I also needed to protect you."

He buried his head in my shoulder. I hesitated to move at first, but then I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer, running my fingers through his damp, brown hair.

"I want you to trust me again." He whispered, and my eyebrows crinkled in confusion.

"How?"

"We are going to talk the whole night about anything and everything. I'll tell you anything you want to know. I want to know you. The real you behind that sassy, beautiful girl." He smiled at me, and I smiled back, pushing him back so he was lying on his back. I wrapped my arm around his stomach and rested my head on his chest, listening to his frantic heartbeat, and he wrapped his arm around my waist, rubbing my back. "What's your favorite color?"

I giggled. "That's seriously what you want to know?"

"I told you. I wanna know everything about you." I shook my head, smiling.

"It's baby blue." The corner of his mouth quirked up, and I smiled into his chest.

"I knew it was a good idea to paint your room that color."

"What's yours?"

"Red." He smirked, and I rolled my eyes, playfully punching his stomach.

"Quit looking through my drawers."

"Quit buying lace." He smiled, and then shook his head. "Actually, don't. Keep buying it. Hell, I'll even buy it for you."

I shook my head, laughing, and he did the same. He winked at me before asking, "Likes and dislikes?"